Offroad in the Pyrenees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offroad in the Pyrenees

OK, I've emailed a company who operate guided trips in this area. Their basic price for a two week trip is ~£450pp for two weeks. This is their basic price for what seems to be fairly family friendly with campsites included. I'm hoping for the kind of trip where we'd camp in the middle of nowhere TBH.

I have asked if they'd be prepared to tune a trip to our requirements as I'm assuming interested parties would rather get into the mountains and travel rather than sightsee and drink by a pool.

I've also asked if they'd be prepared to run a trip for forum members only assuming we can raise sufficient numbers.

Will post their reply back here.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Andy

I did a Pyrenees trip 2 years ago it was absolutely fantastic, would def go again

4 Runner

Comment

Update, received email from Pyrenees tour operator.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your email regarding our Pyrenees tour.

We're very interested in your enquiry - we've had a couple of Surfs on this tour in the past. We could put together a bespoke tour for your group. Using the same overall trans-Pyrenees route of our regular tour, we could tailor it to your needs by incorporating some extra tracks.

The terrain is generally similar to green lanes here in the UK, just a lot longer and much more scenic.

Daily off road distance varies as our route is a mixture of road and tracks, but is around 30-40km off-tarmac.

Our tours are extremely popular and for this year are full, but I am in the process of drawing up the schedule for 2009. I could give you our regular Pyrenees slot 8-22 August 2009. Prices would depend on the number of vehicles. For 8 vehicles, we could provide the tour at 2008 prices, i.e. £445 per person based on 2 people sharing a vehicle.

Hilux Surf Pyrenees Tour
      Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean

8-22 August 2009
      Cost £445 per person (based on 2 sharing)
      To include:- all European campsite fees,
      Guide and support vehicle available 24hrs

Rendezvous Le Havre

I've attached a couple of photos to give you an idea of the terrain. If you let me have your address, I can send you a DVD of one of our recent tours. Please contact me if this would be of interest.

I will get hold of the DVD and make copies for interested parties. It's a long way off so plenty of time to save up!

Comment

I'm considering this. If they'll have a Brit family should be a good way to rapidly improve our French!

They have one going Nord to Sud but its too early for the school holidays IIRC.
        Wax on, wax off

Comment

A few sample pics...

Comment

Andy,

I would definitely be interested for 2009 - and I've already mentioned it to the other half - so please keep me updated with any info you receive,

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Im definately in for august 2009!!! So if ur getting a list together, count me in please.

Comment

Its agreat place to be the milau bridge is awesome and the views around there are stunning
                Gavarnie would be my personal favourite,and crossing the oddeasa canyon is magnificent
                Let me know when you get more info would love to go back out there its been four years and it seems like yesterday
                SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

OK, lets get a list together... I know its a long way off but I suspect we'll have to book this up fairly soon.

I have asked the chap for a price per person if there was more than 8 trucks, and I'll post his answer here when I receive it.

The list!

1) Apache & ???
                  2) Nick V
                  3) Beast
                  4) Caretaker (?)

Comment

Hi Andy

Can you put me down for this trip

4 Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      OK, lets get a list together... I know its a long way off but I suspect we'll have to book this up fairly soon.

I have asked the chap for a price per person if there was more than 8 trucks, and I'll post his answer here when I receive it.

The list!

1) Apache & ???
                      2) Nick V
                      3) Beast
                      4) Caretaker (?)
                      5) MudSurfer & MudSurfette?
                      Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!!!!!!
                      Last edited by MudSurfer; 1 February 2008, 00:19.
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

The latest from Peter. I have requested a DVD too...

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

We've run this trip very successfully for several years; our maximum group size is 8 vehicles as larger groups mean slower progress and end up like a traffic jam. Smaller group sizes enable us to cover more ground and provide a better experience for our customers.

Also, as in the UK, there is now much greater restriction on off-roading in Europe. In France & Spain there are restrictions on the number vehicles allowed on certain tracks. We constantly monitor the situation and ensure our tours cause minimum impact.

We have the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donington coming up on the 17th, and will be taking bookings for 2009 season. If you'd like me to organise your tour, please let me know before then so that I can reserve this trip for Hilux Surf owners club.

Regards,

Peter

Comment

riginally Posted by Apache OK, lets get a list together... I know its a long way off but I suspect we'll have to book this up fairly soon.

The list!

1) Apache & ???
                          2) Nick V
                          3) Beast
                          4) Caretaker (?)
                          6) 4 Runner

I am up for this

4 Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

We have the British Indoor 4x4 Show at Donington coming up on the 17th, and will be taking bookings for 2009 season.
                            I'll be there too - so we can say hi!!!
                            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
                              riginally Posted by Apache OK, lets get a list together... I know its a long way off but I suspect we'll have to book this up fairly soon.

The list!

1) Apache & ???
                              2) Nick V
                              3) Beast
                              4) Caretaker (?)
                              6) 4 Runner

I am up for this

4 Runner

Can you et me know the price and when it has to be paid for,and does it include ferry crossings
                              Cheers:
                              SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Working...
                              X