Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by internetsurfer
    Ok Drained That , What Of The Battery , Bring It Inside Or Leave On The Van And Periodically Charge It.
    I leave it in the Caravan then bring it home in the Spring for a Recharge.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

• Thats it my girls all done and ready for winter.

Up on axle stands, handbrake off, water drained, taps left quarter turn open, winter cover in place. All thats left is to put the dehumidifier in, but thats charging at the moment.

Heres the girl in summer glory.

Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick
        Thats it my girls all done and ready for winter.

Up on axle stands, handbrake off, water drained, taps left quarter turn open, winter cover in place. All thats left is to put the dehumidifier in, but thats charging at the moment.

Heres the girl in summer glory.

VERY NICE!
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

• as we don't know anything about these trailor tents Mav.Does yours come complete with the awning or is that part extra and have you got any pics of the inside.We're not sure whether to go for a tent of something like you have there
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Check out pennines site http://www.thepenninegroup.co.uk/pro...-products.html
            Ours is the top of the range pathfinder, which we got second hand (for a bargin of a price cause the owners didn't like it they wanted hotels).
            Brand new they are about the price of a caravan, and the awning, and awning extension is extra.
            The main advantages are that packed down they are smaller than caravans, have a much lower centre of gravity (see post on previous page regarding how well they handle when your cut up), have twin double fixed beds so you don't need to make you bed every night and tidy it up in the morning, and they are slightly lighter ours comes in at 1000kg.
            The disadvantages are that you have to put it up when you arrive, this takes twenty minutes for the trailor, and then however long it takes you to put up and peg out the awning (the same as a caravan), it doesn't have a shower, and most models don't have a loo (some don't even have running water).
            We started off with a four man frame tent (many years ago) and have slowly moved up the scale to where we are now, and this is absolute luxury compaired to what we used to have. I'll have a route around my hard drive to see if I can find any interior pics, but if you want to know any more just let me know.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• Thanks Mav.We are limited to storage so something like yours or a bit smaller we can store in the garden without any probs.Will have a look thru the link also

Originally posted by Maverick
              Check out pennines site http://www.thepenninegroup.co.uk/pro...-products.html
              Ours is the top of the range pathfinder, which we got second hand (for a bargin of a price cause the owners didn't like it they wanted hotels).
              Brand new they are about the price of a caravan, and the awning, and awning extension is extra.
              The main advantages are that packed down they are smaller than caravans, have a much lower centre of gravity (see post on previous page regarding how well they handle when your cut up), have twin double fixed beds so you don't need to make you bed every night and tidy it up in the morning, and they are slightly lighter ours comes in at 1000kg.
              The disadvantages are that you have to put it up when you arrive, this takes twenty minutes for the trailor, and then however long it takes you to put up and peg out the awning (the same as a caravan), it doesn't have a shower, and most models don't have a loo (some don't even have running water).
              We started off with a four man frame tent (many years ago) and have slowly moved up the scale to where we are now, and this is absolute luxury compaired to what we used to have. I'll have a route around my hard drive to see if I can find any interior pics, but if you want to know any more just let me know.

Comment

• These are the best I could come up with, not very good I'm afraid.
                This is the cupboard and cutlery drawer facing towards the rear of the trailer where you can see a seating area (which has a table which we normally leave in the awning) and the back double bed.
                This is a better view of the seating area, and rear bed (please ignore my grey haired mother)
                Here we have the awning, with the extension on the back which we use as a larder (stops the dogs helping themselves to supper) Oh please ignore the washing and grey haired old woman fighting off her own dog.
                This one is the door to the trailer, if you look behind my dogs head you'll see the door to the w/c, next to that is the hob top, and alongside her head is the wardrobe.
                Finally I've included this one to give you an idea of how long the trailer is
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• that certainly looks a good size for what we would want ourselves.If i get enough compensation then we may well look at one with the toilet etc in it and go the whole hog and have the luxury also.Thanks for the pics

Comment

• Liking the Pennine Maverick. We had a Conway Cruiser for about four years. We would still have it if SWMBO hadn't gone on and on about getting a caravan. We got it brand new (ex demo) and sold it four years later for only £750 less than we paid for it. They hold their price well if they are looked after properly.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

• We have had 3 different make of trailer tents/folding campers and absolutely loved them.
                      The big plus is that you dont know that you are towing them, and as the journey is a lot quicker with a TT/FC, then the extra time in setting them up does not really matter.

Our last one was a conway challenger that we could store on its side, and it fitted perfect in our garage with the car alongside.

Although we now have a caravan, i would have no hesitation in getting another TT/FC in the future.

Comment

• I dont know if anyone has got or seen the camplet.
                        But this was one easy camper to set up.
                        http://www.camperlands.co.uk/trailer...let_royal.html

http://www.camplet.com/?id=88

We went to camperlands to have a look, and they gave a demonstration on how easy it was to erect.

There is a video on camplets website showing this.

Comment

• Bought a Caravan

Bought a caravan a few weeks back, tested it out this weekend and we're really pleased. It's a 1990 Swift Corniche 14/2, only about 1000kg loaded so towes really easy on my surf and came with an awning and loads of accessories from a private sale. All the gadgets seem to work, looking forward to the next trip in it.
                          Just thought I would let you all know
                          Darren
                          Attached Files

Comment

• i got a 1995 eldiss 2 berth with 1 brand new awning . also a winter awning , all water bottles etc, new battery , powerlead. hitch and wheel lock , pretty good nick for 12 years old , for a measly £1600 - i'd sell it for the same as im after a better 1 for next year .

Comment

• Been down to check on the VAN today & she's as good as new, Only used once since we got her in 2005 BRAND NEW. No mice or any other unwanted Visitors i'm pleased to say
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by marky View Post
                                Been down to check on the VAN today & she's as good as new, Only used once since we got her in 2005 BRAND NEW. No mice or any other unwanted Visitors i'm pleased to say
                                Yep it's that time of year, isn't it.
                                Took the winter cover off her last weekend, and changed over the de-humidifiers. Need to get the electrics hooked up so the fridge can start her long cool down ready for the expedition to Scotland in June. Forgot to spin the wheels over winter so she's got a slight bit of rust in one of the drums. Other than that she's wintered well.
                                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                                X