• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive opened the FRIDGE for its annual airing
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

• Went to see the CARAVAN yesterday as the neighbours had there surround sound on too loud. It still looks BRAND NEW shame we cant afford to use it.
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by marky View Post
        Went to see the CARAVAN yesterday as the neighbours had there surround sound on too loud. It still looks BRAND NEW shame we cant afford to use it.
        Yeah holidaying in the UK ain't as cheap as it used to be, the fuel alone for our trip to Scotland came in at about £400, let alone food and camping fees.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          Yeah holidaying in the UK ain't as cheap as it used to be, the fuel alone for our trip to Scotland came in at about £400, let alone food and camping fees.
          Its still going to be cheaper than going abroad soon with all the fuel supplements coming in.
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

• We just do not tow as far on a weekend. At the moment we are in the caravan in the Cotswolds and about 25 miles from home. We now tend to use Cls a lot more to save on costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
              We just do not tow as far on a weekend. At the moment we are in the caravan in the Cotswolds and about 25 miles from home. We now tend to use Cls a lot more to save on costs.
              Problem was Scotland was another 505 miles further than that!!
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• I'm going one step better! I'm putting mine in the front garden = cheap weekends away
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

• Snaking caused by shocks?

Hello everyone, only had my surf for the past year(and love it), had a (sorry) frontera before I saw the error of my ways, but been caravanning for 3 years.
                  The crappy vauxhall had no problem towing (until it died), lovley and steady, even up to 75-80mph,but since having the surf, I have been having problems.

As soon as you go over 50mph, it starts snaking, (it seems a bit 'floaty' even on it's own) the loading is the same as when I had the frontera, I have tried different vans, with a couple of different stabilisers, still have the same problems. I have recently changed the rear springs for the 20% with a 2" lift from Roughtrax, a little better, but still not right
                  Could it be the shocks?, I have also tried tyre pressures from 30-55psi and still no good...any ideas?
                  The current 'van is an Elddis Crusader Superstorm twin axle, bit of a heavy bugger at 1600 empty 1900max - - - - -but nice hhmmmmmm!

cheers, any help would be great

Comment

• I'd say you've got a problem with your truck, as the only time I've ever had snaking was this year, and that was if I went above 55 with an overloaded truck and trailer.

I'm not sure where you should start looking, but it might be an idea to post in one of the technical threads as more people read them (and hopefully someone with knowledge).

Basically this area is know as the basement, and not many people come down here.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• I tow a Lunar Lexon 640 twin axle with my 3 litre Surf, no problem. I think you need to check the noseweight on your caravan however twins should not snake unless tyre pressures on the caravan are incorrect. I assume that you have an Alko stabliser. For more caravan info go to www.caravantalk.co.uk or touringandtenting.co.uk. Another good site for info is www.ukcampsite.co.uk. Many people on these forums tow with Surfs and do not have a problem. It was actually through one of the caravan forums that I decided to trade in my S80 for a Surf and have never looked back.

Comment

• Cheers guys, much appreciated, will continue to look

Comment

• Its coming up to that time of year again. Drain water system to protect from those FROSTY NIGHTS,
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

• Bringing this to the TOP for the NEW Guys
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

• Thanks Mark, I couldn't find it 'cos of all the dust.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                Thanks Mark, I couldn't find it 'cos of all the dust.
                                The CLEANER was sacked because the CHAT ROOM was in a right mess
                                AGAIN!
                                (\__/)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X