No announcement yet.

Surf Towing & Caravan Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how many caravanners there are on this site. Predictable Bob and myself met up over the Easter weekend at a caravan site just outside Coventry. Needless to say a few beers were demolished in the process!

Comment

• confused!!!!

hi was thinking of going away in a caravan but i have no idea what am allowed to tow, i checked the dvla website and was completely confused. i passed my test after 1997 so only have cat. b & b1. am guessing i can only tow 750kg unbraked which is a bit on the small side. does anyone know what i can tow in my gen3 3.0td braked?

any help would be great
      there are other worlds than these

Comment

• Originally posted by surfing_bish View Post
        hi was thinking of going away in a caravan but i have no idea what am allowed to tow, i checked the dvla website and was completely confused. i passed my test after 1997 so only have cat. b & b1. am guessing i can only tow 750kg unbraked which is a bit on the small side. does anyone know what i can tow in my gen3 3.0td braked?

any help would be great
        Yor SURF Weighs around 2 Tonne so you can tow safely & LEGALLY 1800KGS = 1.8 TONNES BRAKED TRAILER.
        Check with DVLA for your towing Weights as your Licence may not allow.
        You wont find a caravan @ 750kgs
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

• cheers

cheers mate, think weight might be an issue with my licence so been looking at trailer tents
          there are other worlds than these

Comment

• Originally posted by surfing_bish View Post
            cheers mate, think weight might be an issue with my licence so been looking at trailer tents
            You need to be carefull with their weights as well. My last one was 750kg, and the one I now use is 1 ton. They should all have their weights on a chasis stamp.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              You need to be carefull with their weights as well. My last one was 750kg, and the one I now use is 1 ton. They should all have their weights on a chasis stamp.

apart from the legal things, i use mine for towing funfair caravans and trailers, what is the max weight it will pull without doing engine in, mines a 2.4td surf j reg. pro comp 4 inch lift kit
              Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by scourslane View Post
                apart from the legal things, i use mine for towing funfair caravans and trailers, what is the max weight it will pull without doing engine in, mines a 2.4td surf j reg. pro comp 4 inch lift kit
                I Don't know the actual answer. The most I've ever pulled was another Surf, uphill, so that's about 1800 to 2000kg, she didn't struggle or emit any black smoke.

Your advised not to exceed 85% kerb weight if your inexperianced at towing, or 100% kerb weight for the experianced. So I think that works out to be about 2 tons(ish).
                Saying that I know of forum members who have had much more weight than that on their hitch.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• This THREAD needs some fresh air
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by marky View Post
                    This THREAD needs some fresh air
                    OK....dont tow in this weather!
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

This THREAD needs some fresh air
                      Bit too damp to open her up at the moment. It might get damp.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• BUMP as its that time of year again Folks.
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

• Didn't we have a this time last year?
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Just because theres no new posts doesnt mean your thread is dead Marky. I spent ages trawling through it just a few days back.
                            Сви можемо

Comment

BUMP as its that time of year again Folks.
                              Not for me, I sold the tin snail 2 months ago "got one with an engine now"
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• Its just that this Thread gets forgotten sometimes!
                                (\__/)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X