• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MattF
    Sounds good to me. I've spent as much time thinking about yours
    as mine of late. Been trying to dig up some info that might help your
    plight.

With regards to getting hold of a viscous fan, might be worthwhile P.M-ing
    Andy_Enuff. I think he mentioned he might be breaking his flat top.
    i have a contact in local toyota main dealer who says if i ring him tomoz pm he may be able to source a loan fan
    sorry to hear you are stressing over my plight, its my fault i have a caravan and a 2.4 surf but thanks anyway any help and pointers are more than welcome however slight or obscure
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by john.sally
      hi chillit
      here we go how can you tell which way it flows and does it matter if its before or after
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...mission+cooler
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

• bugger bugger bugger bugger
        guess what a 50/50 choice and i got it wrong, story of my life

Comment

• if you are going to bet, always go for the long shots. 50/50 bets are always losers..
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

bugger bugger bugger bugger
            guess what a 50/50 choice and i got it wrong, story of my life

Comment

• Out of curiosity with the above page, why does he say the uprated one
              is a six vane unit, but show a picture of an eight vane unit going back in?

Comment

• Not that I'm trying to get this thread on par with the pop quiz or anything, ,
                but just wondered if John might be making any further progress with the fan
                issue, or whether Ian might have got any further with the bonnet vent fans.

Comment

• mattF pop quizz or cooling !!!!!
                  dropped rad off for testing today, loaned a big chain wrench for locking up crank to remove bottom pulley so i can remove water pump, doesnt need a new one but just in case it may help and as i have the thing stripped i may as well.....
                  rad should be back on tuesday but i'm not holding my breath

if all of this dont work then i dont know what to do next but i will share it with you guys on here
                  john

Comment

• Good to hear things are still progressing, John. Keep the updates
                    coming. I'd agree with going for a new pump whilst your at it.
                    They do seem to be something that can just go on many vehicles
                    as and when they please, so at least getting that sorted now is one
                    less future headache.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF
                      Good to hear things are still progressing, John. Keep the updates
                      coming. I'd agree with going for a new pump whilst your at it.
                      They do seem to be something that can just go on many vehicles
                      as and when they please, so at least getting that sorted now is one
                      less future headache.
                      just deciding wether to go and get a toyota one or an aftermarket jobby, will get price on toyota one in the morning, guess that will shock me into getting a milners/roughtrax one. well im off to strip it out now and give the coolant system another flush thro as its in this state.

anyone with any good suggestions coz if it aint cured then she has to go

john

Comment

just deciding wether to go and get a toyota one or an aftermarket jobby, will get price on toyota one in the morning, guess that will shock me into getting a milners/roughtrax one. well im off to strip it out now and give the coolant system another flush thro as its in this state.

anyone with any good suggestions coz if it aint cured then she has to go

john
                        I know this will cause you cartloads of extra work, (sorry), but it may
                        be worthwhile checking the hoses on the cooling system as well. When
                        I replaced all the heating and matrix hoses, some of them were becoming
                        rather blocked and breaking up internally. The worst ones were the ones
                        for the front heater matrix. The short hoses that come out of the block
                        underneath the 'stat housing, and go to the metal pipes that do a 180
                        degree bend to connect to the heater hoses going across the front of the
                        engine behind that aircon hose. One of those had blocked up internally to
                        around half its original bore width. I know they aren't directly related to
                        engine cooling, but approx half the hoses I replaced had seen better days.
                        The only hoses that are still original are the matrix hoses at the top rear
                        of the engine, the little dog leg hose to the turbo, the top and bottom hose
                        from block to radiator, and the two hoses underneath into the rear matrix.
                        Every other hose can be replaced with standard straight hose, with a bit
                        of manipulation.

Also, flushing the block and matrixes through. Any coolant hose that
                        connected to the block had the hosepipe shoved in it and was flushed
                        both ways. Matrixes as well.
                        Last edited by MattF; 16 July 2006, 20:01.

Comment

• those little pipes are the ones that caused ferrets bother . changed them on mine as soon as i saw the state of his. aint they a sod to get on though!
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillitt
                            those little pipes are the ones that caused ferrets bother . changed them on mine as soon as i saw the state of his. aint they a sod to get on though!
                            Absolute little buggers. My intention of a few hours job changing
                            all the hoses took me three days, on and off, between those spring
                            clips, those sardine tin clips, the corrosion and scale on the pipes
                            and just the general refusal of the rubber to part company with the
                            engine. My arms look like Popeye's now. Fairy liquid is a god
                            sent for lubrication to get the new ones on.

It is amazing how restricted those pipes can become, isn't it. I was
                            amazed at how little of the bore was still clear on one of them.
                            Last edited by MattF; 16 July 2006, 22:24.

Comment

• Page 17!!!

Comment

• And 164 posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X