consumption???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consumption???

Ok so if I Manually select 4wd, (by turning the mechanism by hand until it's completely engaged) and leave it engaged, I can use the free wheel hubs, to dis-engage the front wheels.

My question is: What will this do for my MPG, and wear'n'tear on the transmission, until I can source the problem?

Not too much I'm hoping.....

Any advice please
    Everything happens for a reason, and only one way....
    The way it does!

Not much information there. What is your problem with 4WD? Locking or unlocking the front hubs (using the free-wheeling hubs where fitted) will not engage 4WD, unless it has been selected via the button. Is your car permanently in 4WD and you want to disconnect the hubs? What do you mean by manually turning the mechanism? Let us know a bit more.

Comment

Just take the front propshaft off until you fix it properly.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I really need to use the 4wd function, the little electric motor that pushes the rod into the t/c is not getting the signal to engage,from the 4wd computer

I have removed the VsV system from the front diff via Bushwhackers mod.

I have free wheel hubs fitted.

I figured, when I need the 4wd, (if I turn the motor on the t/c by hand until it stops) it's then in 4wd permanently, is this recommended?

And is this the point of having the free wheel hubs?

And will it have a dramatic effect on the vehicles wear, and the MPGs?
        The way it does!

Comment

Riigght, So, I removed the electric motor magnet housing on the transfer case, and turned it by hand, whilst watching the mechanism push the engaging rod in.
          I then replugged everything back in, then I pushed the switch on,on the gear ratio lever and re-attached the battery.
          The 4wd light lit up for the first time since I got it, which was nice.
          So I took it up the road to a nice dirt track and gave it some

It worked fine, until I pressed the switch to turn it off, and it din't want to re-engage.

So,... is the motor shagged, or is it possible it may work if I do this a couple more times?, or is the 4wd computer the cause?

Pleasse advise
          The way it does!

Comment

Right, so I did it manually, and now just have to engage via the free wheel hubs.

Though I am limiting the amount of road miles I do. Until I solve it.

Here's a piccy.
            Attached Files
            The way it does!

Comment

Working...
            X