2nd Gen lift kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen lift kit?

The rear end of mine is sagging so I need to replace the springs at some point. Whilst browsing Roughtrax I see they offer a couple of 2" lift kits comprising rear coils, front torsion springs and 4 shocks. Is that all you need for a simple 2" lift? I seem to recall seeing a lift kit that required

depends if you want to do a suspension lift or body and suspension... phone RT and ask, they are extremely helpful

Comment

The RT kit to which you refer gives a simple 2" suspension lift with no other bits and bobs needed. If you want to go higher and get a body lift also, then you get into ball joint spacer and steering linkage extensions etc. Ive got the RT plus 2" sus lift on my 3rd gen and find its all the lift I
      Сви можемо

Comment

Easy fix if ya haven't already removed ya side steps do so + Fit 20% stronger Rear springs n wind up ya Torsion bars !!
        Everybody remarks, "do ya have a
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

i didnt realise you need to use ball joint spacers if you go down the body lift route? i thought it was a simple put blocks in job etc

Comment

My last post wasnt very well written. ( laziness ) you dont need ball joint spacers for a body lift , they will give you a sus lift, without having to crank up the torsion bars , ( i think ) but im guessing if you go down the uprated TB route you get the lift, without going rock hard on the ride, basically
            Сви можемо

Comment

BJ spacers reduce the angle of the front drive shaft's taking pressure off the CV's so you don't keep wearing out the CV boots, it's also recommended, but not required, that you use a diff drop kit to keep everything lined up.

I just ran uprated springs on the rear, and wound the original torsion bars up

Comment

Thanks for the replies, looks like I might ask Santa for the RT kit then!

Comment

Ask him for the Pedders kit instead of the Monroe one. If you have been a good boy, that is.

Comment

Yo brass monkey, just took delivery of the pedders kit from RT can’t wait to fit it, looks the dogs My suspension is shot but Santa gonna fix it

Comment

let us know how you get on, in fact if you can do a write up with pics if you don't mind, I will add it as a sticky guide

Comment

Working...
                      X