yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Headlight fault! (On when engine off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Headlight fault! (On when engine off)

I had recently been on holiday for two weeks. Surf worked fine when I left.

Got back and batteries were flat. Didn't think much of it at first until I went round the front of it and saw a faint orange glow in the headlights...

Checked inside and, no, the headlights weren't switched on.

I hooked it up to my other car to jump start it. The headlights came straight on. After starting all was normal - lights and spotlights worked as they should. As soon as I switched the engine off the main lights came ON - dipped beam!

I eventually pulled out the headlight relay - which seems to be working fine. It gets a signal to switch on from somewhere else.

Does anyone know what is happening???
    (is it because the batteries are very low on power and are causing funny things to happen? Did water get where it shouldn't be?)
    Surf On!

What alarm do you have fitted?
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

it's a cobra alarm (7298 or something like that)

That was the reason I went out to the car in the first place. Seems the alarm went on - but the indicators weren't flashing (not enough power maybe)

Do you think the alarm is the problem? Never seen it switching the lights on before.

Thanks for your help...
      Surf On!

Comment

It's an earth fault somewhere.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

On my alarm "toad" if you press & hold one of the buttons it turns the headlights on & to turn them off you need to press & hold the button again.

Just a thought.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks for that - will start it again and give it a good run to recharge the batteries. See what happens!
            Surf On!

Comment

Working...
            X