No announcement yet.

my surf v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep that were me, got a video too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m_n...ature=youtu.be

will take a pic of the handbrake for ya paul

Comment

Well it sounded class Bring it over

Did I once sell you something to do with the Surf and we met in the Service station on the A1? You look familiar.

Comment

Just saw the other vid

You lot are mad

Comment

haha yeah that was me too, you sold me balljoint spacers

yeah that other vid was from the summer, messing about with the lexus

Comment

Not to far from me, I'd love to see it at some point

Comment

been sorting out some stuff recently and well its ready to rock n roll

tested the gearbox and 4wd all engages properly and its sweet
              its all back in one piece

still needs a back half of a exhaust but it sounds so good just from the downpipe

Comment

Class

Comment

It lives! Kinda.

I heard you drive past and it sounded awesome. Went outside to wait for your return. Obviously something was up as you didn't come back until ages later, under tow

Hope it's just a minor teething issue?

Need to hear it again. ####ing lovely

Comment

haha yeah I got to the end of the westline road and it stalled and then it wouldnt start again, think its the starter motor sticking as its just clicking and not cranking

however the windows are really slow and the tailgate motor is just clicking as well even with the jump leads on, i thought the subaru battery might not be up to the job of jumping it but tried with my brothers audi diesel v6 battery and still got nothing

Comment

starter motor is bugging me, spent ages getting it out and then bench tested it... working perfectly, moves in and out and quick spinning, copper contacts have loads of life on them

put it back in the motor and tried cranking it, just clicking

ran a ignition live through a switch directly to the starter crank wire terminal, bypassing the starter relay and it cranked over, so thought it was sorted

put it all back together and then tried to sort it and its just clicking again

in other news Ive added a led light bar

its wired up to a manual switch currently but would like it to come on with the main beam, would I just splice into the main beam wiring? or would that not be powerfull enough

Comment

You could splice a standard relay to be opened by the MB power and then install your own power for the light bar? Not sure if the MB cable would be rated enough to power both. Probably. But a simple relay would be my way.

As for your starter issue...not sure. I'll ask the lads. Shame the starter is in the most annoying place possible.

Comment

heres a new video of a little drive

Comment

Looks like you got to the bottom of the starter motor crap, too? What was it?

Comment

well... nothing, just jump started it and it worked???

I think its more of a intermittent fault, probably wont start tomorrow now. Its got a bit lumpy idle and still stalling so gonna try cleaning out the iacv

Comment

That sounded amazing going up and down the straight So good. Looks like it's got more poke than the last time. Have you got your exhaust done or is it just that straight-through you were going to put on? Definite speed improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X