yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
    I use MKIII supra head bolts on the engine stand, I've used the same ones many times over now!

I use four of these... (M12 X 80mm 1.25pitch.)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M12-x-1-25...item4605ffefa2

Comment

I think this answers question 7. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12392

Not sure who the first reply is, like

Looks like a 2uzfe idler pulley will work, too. It has a bearing. Not sure if the 1uzfe's fan pulley is oil or bearing.

Still, plenty of options and not a big deal.
      Last edited by Sylux; 16 November 2013, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post

I think this answers question 7. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12392

Not sure who the first reply is, like

Looks like a 2uzfe idler pulley will work, too. It has a bearing. Not sure if the 1uzfe's fan pulley is oil or bearing.

Still, plenty of options and not a big deal.

You have a LS400, not a Celsior so the hydraulic fan isn't a problem for you 'cos you ain't got one.

Comment

Just trying to see what I can do with the fan mount once the fan is history.

Comment

Just trying to see what I can do with the fan mount once the fan is history.

?????

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, Vince, but...I'm presuming once you remove the stock fan from the engine (to use the electric one) you'll be left with the various and unnecessary parts that would accommodate the original fan, like bolts or nuts sticking through the pulley?

Yet when I look at conversions I see very neat solutions.

Or am I being a complete idiot and it's just a case of removing the unneeded fan mounting bolts etc?

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, Vince, but...I'm presuming once you remove the stock fan from the engine (to use the electric one) you'll be left with the various and unnecessary parts that would accommodate the original fan, like bolts or nuts sticking through the pulley?

Yet when I look at conversions I see very neat solutions.

Or am I being a complete idiot and it's just a case of removing the unneeded fan mounting bolts etc?

The Lextreme link you posted refers to the hydraulic fan thats fitted to Celsiors and most Soarers. The fan assembly on those cars have their own fluid reservoir and operate via a coolant temperature sensor.

For the rest of us, just seperate the pulley from the vicous fan, and refit the pulley and the nuts with some thick washers to take up the thickness of the now missing viscous fan's flange.
                See below.....
                Attached Files

Comment

There you go...that's what I was after

Cheers, boss

I think I've answered question 6, too

Comment

There you go...that's what I was after

Cheers, boss

I think I've answered question 6, too
                    Immobilised ECUs are late '96 onwards.

Comment

• Yeh, that seems to be the case from digging deeper. Worrying about nowt, probably

Comment

• Now we're talking

Long overdue. Should make some things easier.

Comment

• Dare I ask...how much?

Comment

• They're about £250+

But I do graphics stuff for a tool company and I asked them to pay me with one of these, when I did a wee project for them Basically a mate giving me a new tool to do him a favour.

I don't have an air compressor yet (I will in the future) so air tools were not an option.

This thing is a beast.

Comment

• Is this a decent set of gaskets for the price? It's cheaper than the other ones (which average over £100) but looks identical.

I won't need all of it unless I do the head (which is not likely).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1409113079...84.m1423.l2648

Works out about £80 unless duty is avoided. Every little helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                                Is this a decent set of gaskets for the price?
                                If it were a decent set of gaskets, would they need to sell a tube of sealant with them?
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X