yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I replaced all of my brake pipes and have to say it's a right pita getting the ones that go from front to back fitted with all the suspension and body etc still attached. Not surprised the labour has bumped the price up for that job

Comment

• Yeh, that's the ones he said would take 3 hours. Side of the tank, too.

Comment

• Can't recall how long it took to get them in place, I didn't do them both on the same day. I did find it easier to feed them in from the front wheel arch and make the bend round the back of the fuel tank in situ though, it did help that my Surf has a 4 inch bodylift as well like, lol

3hrs sounds like a fair estimate if they haven't done them before though

Comment

• When I did mine, I just dropped the tank out. For the little extra effort, it makes the job a lot easier, especially if you don't have a ramp and/or lift kit fitted.

Comment

• Project is looking like being back on

Got a lock-up ear-marked and it will allow me to do the restoration I want, also.

Vince: Do you think the engine mounts (from 3L swaps) will be the same across the board? Or are none two the same, and I'll have to get them made bespoke (using a template etc)?

Comment

• Nice one...

Comment

• Yep. Just gathering my list with the purpose of buying the expensive stuff when I sell the house (hopefully complete before the middle of August).

I've found I can buy a full overhaul kit (seals, gaskets etc) from Toyota for a very similar price to the cheap eBay ones + the legit head gaskets. I'd have to replace their shit HGs anyway. Most eBay kits also miss either one bit or another.

Manual gearbox adapter is the HUGE cost. Could by a car with it (cira £800-£900).

But I'm excited again Just hope the engines haven't ruined with them sitting around for months.

Have a new contact who has offered some very helpful help, too. More experience to help the mad virgin engine swap dude (me)

Comment

• Keeping enthusiasm is always the hardest bit I think. If you can make a little progress every day in the end it will get done.
                  Last edited by andyverran; 17 July 2014, 22:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                    Project is looking like being back on

Got a lock-up ear-marked and it will allow me to do the restoration I want, also.

Vince: Do you think the engine mounts (from 3L swaps) will be the same across the board? Or are none two the same, and I'll have to get them made bespoke (using a template etc)?
                    I have a 3.0 manual Surf here with a 1uz fitted, I'll make some templates for you. I taken some photos to show how I make them as well that I can send with your panhard rod bracket kit. I have the nuts and bolts now, do I send it to your current address?

Comment

• Yes please, Vince

I can get the brackets made up here. unless I could cross your palm with silver

Comment

Yes please, Vince

I can get the brackets made up here. unless I could cross your palm with silver
                        If you would like me to make them for you, I'll need the top sections of your Surf's mounts. They are in two parts,the lower section that has the rubber bonded to it and the threaded stud, and the top section that covers the rubber part.
                        I'll also need the flat bracket from the transmission cross member, the part that the transmission mount bolts to.

Comment

• Okie dokie

If you could still send me all the stuff, that would be appreciated. Various brackets etc and the templates.

Once I have the truck in the lock-up I'll remove the necessary bits. And forward on to you.

Do you think the other parts will get here within the month? If not...it might be worth waiting until I move?

Comment

• Vince: Do you still have my current address? I've sent a PM but as there was no reply I'm thinking your inbox is full, again
                            Last edited by Sylux; 19 July 2014, 19:21.

Comment

Vince: Do you still have my current address? I've sent a PM but as there was no reply I'm thinking your inbox is full, again

Selborne gardens?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X