Lexurf XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sadinn View Post
    Affect acceleration much? I know 33's will, but this is only a small increase in circumference....
    No, they work out approx the same as fitting 32" tyres to the standard 15" 2nd gen wheels, so acceleration will still be brisk.

Have you thought about some 31/10.5/15 Cooper Discoverer as fitted to Lexurf X? They look good and chunky under the arches even though the body is lifted 2". Add some 30mm wheel spacers and they will look like you have 33"s.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Have you thought about some 31/10.5/15 Cooper Discoverer as fitted to Lexurf X? They look good and chunky under the arches even though the body is lifted 2". Add some 30mm wheel spacers and they will look like you have 33"s.
      How about these for spacers ?

with these rims

Stick the coopers on and that will look fine!
      ------------------------
      Truck? What truck .......

Comment

How about these for spacers ?

Yep.

with these rims

And hell yeah!

Stick the coopers on and that will look fine!

Comment

OK, after the initial excitement I am now totally confused. That wheel comes in a 16x8 6 stud fitment and says it is suitable on one site for the 1995 Hilux. On another site that has the Hilux Surf 1996-2002 as a possible selection, it says it is NOT compatible. Roughtrax on their site sell 16x8 KZN130 wheels so I am assuming here that they are correct and therefore 16x8 will fit. Just so I can double check - is there a make/model that is not a weird Jap import that takes the same wheels fitment that I can compare against?!

Cheers
          ------------------------

Comment

If the wheels are Jap six stud/hole then they will fit.
            The centre hole needs to be 110mm dia to clear the front hubs.
            PCD needs to be 139.5.

The more the off-set number (-) the more 'dished' the wheels will be, so if you can specify the off-set value when you order, then you won't need the spacers.
            -32 is the maximum for a Surf. Standard off-set is -7.

Comment

That was a useful bit of info.

I'm getting some of those steel modulars in 8" width for the special tracks i'm buying. I didn't know the max -offset for a surf was -32 otherwise i'd have gone for a set that were -35.

Good one
              Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
                That was a useful bit of info.

I'm getting some of those steel modulars in 8" width for the special tracks i'm buying. I didn't know the max -offset for a surf was -32 otherwise i'd have gone for a set that were -35.

Good one
                Max -32 off-set to keep the tyres within the wheelarch extensions. More than -32 and you'll start to need extensions on the extensions and frequent front wheel bearings.

Comment

The more the off-set number (-) the more 'dished' the wheels will be, so if you can specify the off-set value when you order, then you won't need the spacers.
                  -32 is the maximum for a Surf. Standard off-set is -7.
                  Hmm, OK more research has resulted in finding that the 16" versions of these wheels are ET20, a positive number indicating that the rims are closer to the hubs so in order to get a -30 to stay within the wheel arch extensions (and look good of course) I'll need 50mm spacers!!

Any reason why not, are my maths correct and any potential problems with adding this thick a spacer?
                  ------------------------

Comment

Hmm, OK more research has resulted in finding that the 16" versions of these wheels are ET20, a positive number indicating that the rims are closer to the hubs so in order to get a -30 to stay within the wheel arch extensions (and look good of course) I'll need 50mm spacers!!

Any reason why not, are my maths correct and any potential problems with adding this thick a spacer?

Are you sure they're positive off-set? Can't find anything about it in your link, they're most likely -20 due to the spoke curvature.

Same wheels here....(more expensive though)
                    http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy...lished/16-inch

Available off-sets -20 to -35.

You don't want 50mm spacers, think of the leverage on the wheel studs!

Comment

Are you sure they're positive off-set? Can't find anything about it in your link, they're most likely -20 due to the spoke curvature.

Same wheels here....(more expensive though)
                      http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy...lished/16-inch

Available off-sets -20 to -35.

You don't want 50mm spacers, think of the leverage on the wheel studs!
                      Strange - as in this link http://www.alloywheels.com/8x16_Inch...oy_Wheels_Only all it says is ET 20 or ET35 - but surely that is positive? or does an offset of ET20 actually mean -20 ?

I don't think so as this link shows that the ET relates to the location of the hub from the centre of the wheel ( i know you know this, but I am just talking out loud) and compared to the usual surf wheels, these ones look much closer to the outside of the wheel, so the tyre would site further in than normal?

OK, so 50mm are out - I did think it was a bit excessive, but I was getting a bit carried away I think !

30mm should be OK though, right? and bring my offset to -10 - not radically wide wheeling it but it will have to do....!
                      ------------------------

Comment

2" bodylift. (standard suspension)

Before.....

After...

(Widening my driveway, WIP)

Engine and transmission management mounted ready..

Fusebox 'behind' glovebox

Found this mess under the bonnet....

Pulled it out......

Hole....

After some Karcher action.....

Random photo......

Comment

You've been busy Vince, even with my interruptions

Look what turned up today

Comment

Lovely stuff

Comment

Oh my god - the shame of that dirty underbonnet! I'm actually amazed that the paint is still as good as that under all that cr#p

Looking good Vince.

Update on the tyres & Wheels....

I decided that the best way was to get them sent to you and we can sort it out from there!

Did find this though http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/alloy-wh...20-106.1-71299 which definitely stated is as ET20, but I guess we will see when they arrive....

Still waiting for the Oil filter assembly to turn up - will let you know!
                              ------------------------

Comment

Random photo......
                                like that color!!
                                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                                X