------------------------
    Truck? What truck .......

Comment

Mot

And the outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
        And the outcome?
        .... Well I tried to pay my tax disc yesterday and it didn't work, so I am assuming not!

Think there was a transmission problem which may have put it off.
        ------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by sadinn View Post
          .... Well I tried to pay my tax disc yesterday and it didn't work, so I am assuming not!

Think there was a transmission problem which may have put it off.

Er yeah, situation at the moment is it won't go into 3rd gear.

Looking through the diagrams, I'm begining to think that Spitronics have sent the wrong TCU cable. There are two types that fit the same connector, one has four shielded wires and the other has six. They control the gearbox solenoids.
          I've pulled everything apart (AGAIN!) and it's nothing that I've done/not done.
          The transmission set-up file on the supplied CD wouldn't work either so I've had to source another one. Thats working now and I can see whats happening on the computer screen.

Anyhoo, back to it.......................

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Er yeah, situation at the moment is it won't go into 3rd gear.

Looking through the diagrams, I'm begining to think that Spitronics have sent the wrong TCU cable. There are two types that fit the same connector, one has four shielded wires and the other has six. They control the gearbox solenoids.
            I've pulled everything apart (AGAIN!) and it's nothing that I've done/not done.
            The transmission set-up file on the supplied CD wouldn't work either so I've had to source another one. Thats working now and I can see whats happening on the computer screen.

Anyhoo, back to it.......................
            Ah, well that might be a problem! I can call them today and double check what TCU cable there should have been if that helps?
            ------------------------

Comment

Cant wait till i get one.I'll have to leave colour choice down to you Vince
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Spitronics TCU and Lexus ECU info

Just for reference and might be useful if you are having problems setting it up.

Lexus E343 ECU Mag v 20.1

Spitronics TCU User Manual Ver 2.10.1.0

Key point apparently is to make sure that the TPM, RPM and wheel speed is calibrated.

If you are interested in getting hold of this for a Lexus conversion, get hold of Louis Cloete at Spitronics
                ------------------------

Comment

The truck is back....

OK so took receipt of the Bushwhacked truck a couple of weeks ago and have been driving it around very happily! Yes its noisy and I am sure my neighbours aren't too happy but it brings a smile to my face...

I have been playing with the Spitronics TCU and ECU and will be posting some rolling road specs and videos as I do them, as well as some of the maps for those of you that are thinking of doing the same modification and not using the stock Lexus ECU.

I will also add some pictures so that you can all see the final result.
                  ------------------------

Comment

Nice looking truck
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Well without pics, video, sound bytes and a comprehensive engine map layout I'm afraid it didn't happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
                        Well without pics, video, sound bytes and a comprehensive engine map layout I'm afraid it didn't happen...
                        Yes, I would like to see pics of it to, especially cable management, ecu's install, any brackets that have been made. Do you intend fitting supercharger-re: having the aftermarket ecu's fitted?

Comment

• Vince is now offering his services on the Facebook page for £1800 as opposed to the £3500 he wanted here.

Just sayin'.

Comment

• facebook page?
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                              facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/141254342552742/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonk View Post
                                Vince is now offering his services on the Facebook page for £1800 as opposed to the £3500 he wanted here.

Just sayin'.
                                I saw that too, bit of a moral dilemma there.

Comment

Working...
                                X