Lexurf XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    The 4.7 engine (2UZ-FE) is the same block as the 4.0.
    The only problem is the downpipe flanges are different to the stock LS ones.
    I'll have a go at cutting some myself out of 1/4" steel with my plasma cutter using the supplied gaskets as a template.
    Haha still making the most of the plasma cutter, that's brilliant.
    They're 100 fold better than the log style ones but would they make a noticeable difference to the VVTI headers though?

and ditto to Sylux's comment, sorry must've overlooked these before

Comment

Cardboard template...

Transferred to some sheet steel (Old cabinet door) cut out and bent to shape....

Drilled some 51mm holes, two 5mm fixing holes, covered with carbon fibre wrap, mounted gauges and and installed in place....

Fitted and wasted 30 mins watching Smokey and the Bandit on the new Pioneer AVH-X5500BT head unit to 'test' it!

Comment

Ingenuity

Comment

Fitted and wasted 30 mins watching Smokey and the Bandit on the new Pioneer AVH-X5500BT head unit to 'test' it!
          Classic.

Thought we were going to recess that unit, though? I live in a far too sh!44y neighbourhood to have that on show...

Love the gauge pod!
          ------------------------
          Truck? What truck .......

Comment

Originally posted by sadinn View Post
            Classic.

Thought we were going to recess that unit, though? I live in a far too sh!44y neighbourhood to have that on show...

Love the gauge pod!
            Yep it will be hidden don't worry, just making sure everything was working first.
            I had to fiberglass the cage in place and do a bit of dash chopping to get it in there!
            While you're here, do I have permission to fit a roof aerial above the rear view mirror seeing as your stock one is fecked?!

Comment

Yep it will be hidden don't worry, just making sure everything was working first.
              I had to fiberglass the cage in place and do a bit of dash chopping to get it in there!
              While you're here, do I have permission to fit a roof aerial above the rear view mirror seeing as your stock one is fecked?!
              Thats a good idea - will stop me having to buy a new one every 6 months when i drive too close to bushes...

!! DASH CHOPPING !! where's that starter button going to end up then? Had another little idea too - theres a USB on the back of the Pioneer for plugging in some music on a stick - any chance we can put a lead in that and bring it round to a port on the front ? I was thinking next to the starter button, out of the way like, but if that option is no longer available......
              ------------------------

Comment

Thats a good idea - will stop me having to buy a new one every 6 months when i drive too close to bushes...

!! DASH CHOPPING !! where's that starter button going to end up then? Had another little idea too - theres a USB on the back of the Pioneer for plugging in some music on a stick - any chance we can put a lead in that and bring it round to a port on the front ? I was thinking next to the starter button, out of the way like, but if that option is no longer available......
                Yep, thought about all the attachments and where to discretely mount them.
                Starter button, how about in that blank area next to the clock?

Re: the new rear speakers, mount them in front or behind the panels?

Comment

Yep, thought about all the attachments and where to discretely mount them.
                  Starter button, how about in that blank area next to the clock?

Re: the new rear speakers, mount them in front or behind the panels?
                  Well I kind of wanted the starter button out of the way somewhere, so that even if someone either broke in and stuck a screwdriver in the barrel, or nicked my keys, unless they knew where the starter button was, they could turn the barrel as much as they liked and nothing would happen! Choice is yours ?! Giving thought right now that having this information on the internet is not the most secure!!

Rear speakers behind the panels please.

On another note - friend of mine knows people in the states who ordered the filter sub-assembly so that should be over with us soon, so its only the rad now. Any preference?
                  ------------------------

Comment

Well I kind of wanted the starter button out of the way somewhere, so that even if someone either broke in and stuck a screwdriver in the barrel, or nicked my keys, unless they knew where the starter button was, they could turn the barrel as much as they liked and nothing would happen! Choice is yours ?! Giving thought right now that having this information on the internet is not the most secure!!

Gotcha, leave it with me.

Rear speakers behind the panels please.
                    10-4.

On another note - friend of mine knows people in the states who ordered the filter sub-assembly so that should be over with us soon, so its only the rad now. Any preference?
                    Nothing fancy (unless you want fancy) a standard 3.0 rad is all you need.

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;814700]I had to fiberglass the cage in place and do a bit of dash chopping to get it in there!
                      QUOTE]

You don't need the cage - the radio brackets screw direct to the unit and bolt in as standard. Leave the plastic fascia surround off and the dash trim will fit over it nicely. (I have a similar pioneer unit in my truck)

Comment

[QUOTE=wishbone;814749]
                        QUOTE]

You don't need the cage - the radio brackets screw direct to the unit and bolt in as standard. Leave the plastic fascia surround off and the dash trim will fit over it nicely. (I have a similar pioneer unit in my truck)
                        I know mate, I used the cage to be able to slide the unit further in so that I can fabricate a 'stealth' cover.

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;814753]
                          Originally posted by wishbone View Post

I know mate, I used the cage to be able to slide the unit further in so that I can fabricate a 'stealth' cover.

Interesting.. Would like to see a pic when it's done. tbh though When they're switched off they don't really look that special.(not enough to worry me)

My ex bother in law cut the front off a standard radio and used to wedge it in front of his 'goodmans special' back in the 80's and it actually looked quite factory

Comment

OK a genuine Jap import KNZ130 rad is on its way !

Couple of minor questions while I'm here - Steering wheel and alloys. How big is the current steering wheel and what boss can I get to fit a new wheel to it?

Alloys - my god there are hundreds. Given that I am not going to put big muds on, just 15" rims with 50/50 tyres - anyone got any suggestions? Could put 16" on -just would like the right balance.
                            ------------------------

Comment

Radiator is here.

Steering wheel.....
                              http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=377

3rd gen 16" wheels fit the 2nd gen. You'll need 265/70/16 tyres.

See here.......
                              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...light=grabbers

Comment

Radiator is here.

Steering wheel.....
                                http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=377

3rd gen 16" wheels fit the 2nd gen. You'll need 265/70/16 tyres.

See here.......
                                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...light=grabbers
                                Affect acceleration much? I know 33's will, but this is only a small increase in circumference....
                                ------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X