Lexurf IX......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
    Vince, have you mocked that bumper to your truvk? Did it fit?
    Not yet mate, but I will on the week-end.

Comment

• Coming together very near nicely Vince.
      Good choice of winch, may as well buy quality first time around and Warn gives you that.
      Brian

Comment

• I can see I'm gonna have to come over soon to nick Kwakka's winch bumper ... Looks very shiny indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
          I can see I'm gonna have to come over soon to nick Kwakka's winch bumper ... Looks very shiny indeed
          Whats happening with your winch bumper?
          There's a brand new winch in a box in the back of the green truck remember!

Comment

• I do indeed, waiting for a tubular bumper to be designed !

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Thanks Andy, always up for it!

All drawings are inside my head, as it's easier to erase stuff that way if I change my ideas.
              The way I've installed everything is really easy to return back to standard if needs be, just by disconnecting the winch power cables from the battery and pull them through to the front, unplug the two spots from their wiring harness near the winch control box and then it's just four bolts to lift off the bumper/winch/ spots assembly as one unit.
              Cheers Vince, I managed to sort the side and number plate lights before collapsing just got a couple of dash lights to sort once I get a bit more mobileand then hopefully get it mot'd
              and back on the road.

Comment

Anyhoo, hope you approve.

Damn straight!

Subtlety out the window! Brill-yant.

Far beyond what I thought it would look like mate, that's polished to within an inch of it's life.
                One thing's for sure IX is definitely staying grey now, works a treat with all the blin..er.. optional extra's.

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                The bumper brackets and new winch tray needed a lot of fettling because the bumper was designed for a standard height 2nd gen NOT a 2" lifted truck!
                Sorry! I didn't know that was something to consider.
                The fabbed up handle is a great idea and really tidy with the cap on there.

Stunning work as always!

Comment

• Been on a go slow recently, I've been waiting for a spare engine wiring loom to be sent to me so I didn't have to chop up the one on the engine.
                  Long story short, it didn't arrive so I bit the bullet and got the snips out.

Made an injector loom...

And a coil/igniter loom....

Mounted the new engine management ECUs, just pull off the kick panel to connect then to your laptop..

Went to fit the 7M-GTE injectors (green) and noticed they are different to the stock 1UZ/VVTi injectors (pink)..

The stock injectors look like this fitted.....

A bit of thinking/fettling and the Supra injectors are now fitted nice and snug. The spray pattern shouldn't be affected as the nozzles sit roughly were the stock injectors were..

FYI here's where the starter motor is in case you've wondered.

Comment

• Classy Vince. Your attention to detail makes the swaps something a bit special.
                    Brian

Comment

FYI here's where the starter motor is in case you've wondered.
                      Not one you can tap with piece of wood and a mallet then!
                      My fuse blew ( mrs was driving so can't tell you why) but the AA man wore through his skull scratching his head as to where the starter motor was....
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Fantastic, that's going to look great when it's wired up.

gotta ask though.. what jobs are left before it can be fired up?

Comment

• Vince, if you don't mind me asking, how did you plumb the Fuel rail/FPR/Pump?

I have never dealt with a "non return" injection system before, I assume my 3rd gen surf has intake and return fuel pipes. (I should probably check that!) I first assumed you had an fuel presure regulator that altered it, but it doesn't look like that one has a seperate "to fuel" and "return" outlet.

It looks a bit like you are running One like this... (I like it because it is favorable on the wallet, and black)

Or would I be better off with something like This... (it costs more, and its an 'orrible blue... but apears to have a sperate return line)

I was going to jsut use the factory Lexus pump and setup, as I figured that works as it is, but I thoguht Walbro would be easier to fit to the tank, and they have proved reliable in the past!
                          Last edited by Karma Supra; 4 March 2013, 02:19.
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

• The pressure regulator is inside the tank alongside the fuel pump on the VVTi Lexus'. You won't get the Lexus pump inside the Surf's tank, it's too fat!

Either of those FPRs will work, the return line from the fuel rail goes to the side port of the FPR and the bottom port goes to the Surf's fuel return line back to the tank. It also needs a vacuum reference from the inlet manifold.

All fuel injection FPRs should have three ports on them.

Comment

• Thanks Vince, I think I have my head around it now...

I was confused as there is no return line, just one "in", but I spied in your photos that you have added a banjo bolt take off at the front of each rail (where it handilly ends in a bolt), you used these to connect the two fuel rails together, then binned the factory linkage at the rear, and used the passenger side rear as intake, and the drivers side rear at ouput, with the FPR.

Makes perfect sense now

Now all I need to do is get the right sized fittings!

Thanks
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

• Great build, fantastic work as usual.
                                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                                X