X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICE ONE!

Can't wait to see this build up & running

Comment

• I've been enjoying this thread (as always!)

It looks like there's a another VVTi 1UZ Surf coming soon too...
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
        I've been enjoying this thread (as always!)

It looks like there's a another VVTi 1UZ Surf coming soon too...
        Woah.. you got yourself a bargain there!

Glad to see it being put to good use
        look forward to seeing the results.

Comment

• Cheers!!! I'm very excited, I've only been banging on about 1UZing a surf since 2007

I've been doing a fair bit of reading, main headscratcher right now is if I can swap a A340F output shaft and transfer box into/onto an A-650E.

I can't see anyone thats done it yet...

Anyway I'll keep my musing and updates out of your thread, and enjoy the piccies... I hope my redneck engineering doesn't look utterly rubbish after Vince's artwork!
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

• Any updates on this yet?

I want to see it, and hear it!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

• Lexurf IX

Kwakka666 I went to Lexurfdom in wales yesterday and dropped off me LS400. Saw your truck, looking awesome.bumper and winch very tasty indeed.

Comment

• PICS VINCE!!!!
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by muddle View Post
                  PICS VINCE!!!!

Comment

• Do you paint the wishbones Vince or is that just done by cleaning.

Looks lovely.
                    Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      Do you paint the wishbones Vince or is that just done by cleaning.

Looks lovely.
                      I use a twisted wire brush wheel in a 4.5" grinder to get the bad corrosion off then hand brush the rest. Sprayed with satin black chassis paint after.

Comment

• Vince, have you mocked that bumper to your truvk? Did it fit?

Comment

• Sexy TJM bumper, Warn M8000 winch and huge IPF spots.

The bumper brackets and new winch tray needed a lot of fettling because the bumper was designed for a standard height 2nd gen NOT a 2" lifted truck!

Had to combine the winch/tray position, (without the need for pieces of metal welded here and there) bumper height to meet the wheel arches, position of the control box and for the 'clutch' release lever on top of the winch to align with the aperture already provided in the top of the bumper!!

I also made up an ally plate to cover the original fairlead opening was and give the new numberplate and Hawse fairlead a nice background.

Aperture for the 'clutch' release lever came with plastic cover...

Cover removed...

As you can see it's a short, low profile type of lever and not the larger type you see on winches that are easy to turn.
                          It's very stiff to turn, and being inside the bumper and also behind the humungous spotlights, impossible to get at properly.

So I made this to keep under the driver's seat....

Just place it over the lever/handle and turn, easy peasy....

Oh yeah, the remote plugs in here....

Anyhoo, hope you approve.
                          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 14 February 2013, 23:09.

Comment

• And doubles up as a stop cock turner offer. Saves shoving your digits into years worth of putrid filth.

Good work as always Vince :2 thumbsup:
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Vince that looks a real sweet install.

hope you kept some drawings as for when number V comes back to you

I've been banned from any heavy lifting so looks like I'm going to need a little (read a Lot) of help finishing off the redesign, and would rather put the cash your way if your up for it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
                                Vince that looks a real sweet install.

hope you kept some drawings as for when number V comes back to you

I've been banned from any heavy lifting so looks like I'm going to need a little (read a Lot) of help finishing off the redesign, and would rather put the cash your way if your up for it ?

Thanks Andy, always up for it!

All drawings are inside my head, as it's easier to erase stuff that way if I change my ideas.
                                The way I've installed everything is really easy to return back to standard if needs be, just by disconnecting the winch power cables from the battery and pull them through to the front, unplug the two spots from their wiring harness near the winch control box and then it's just four bolts to lift off the bumper/winch/ spots assembly as one unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X