No announcement yet.

Lexurf IX......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to clarify,the K's racing kit(from Thailand) doesnt come with a ring gear on the flywheel.The standard one has to be removed from the flex plate and welded on!
    Also all R series gearboxes have the same bellhousing to gearbox bolt pattern,and all W series and G series boxes have the same bellhousing to gearbox bolt pattern ie a w57 bellhousing will fit on a g52 gearbox
    Last edited by Paul ssrg; 18 September 2014, 22:11.
    [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Comment

• Correct. (Before your edit)
      The kit from the U.S. is roughly the same price and has a lighter flywheel with ring gear attached, plus a much better clutch release bearing design.

Comment

• Hindsight is a great thing i suppose!at the time the K's racing kit seemed good value,but after being dry rode by customs on import tax and fines it ended up very expensive!iv a friend who is now making up kits to suit W series boxes including adaptor plate and flywheel with a mount for a hydraulic throwout bearing,i believe hes using a transit bearing and a toyota D4D clutch and pressure plate.I must push him to do an R series kit
        [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Comment

• Do. The guy in America has gone off the boil

Comment

• My First Forum Post

Hi everyone Hope you don't mind me coming in at this stage, but although registered on here since August last year and looking at a lot of your posts regularly, this is the first time that I have made contact as a newbe.
            I'm in the midst of fitting a 1UZFE into my KZN130 1994 Surf plus finishing off a lot of other things.
            The posts on here have been super and very very helpful. A big thank you to everyone
            Last edited by RonR; 28 September 2014, 08:21.
            Ron

Comment

• Excellent!

Welcome on board Ron.
              Start a new thread showing your progress, I'm interested in seeing how the 'Cruiser axles look/fit on to a Surf.

Comment

• Surf / Land Cruiser Axles

Hi Bushwacker,
                I've been a fan of yours. You offer a lot of sound advice and help.
                I will certainly get some things posted.
                Next time I'm at the truck I'll take some pics to show the axles and associated mods. I wouldn't be surprised if this is quite unique and will subsequently look forward to your comments (good or bad)
                My stepson is a welder and has carried out the heavy engineering element.
                Ron

Comment

• Vince, can you let me know what other bits you need to finish the truck?

Comment

• Wiring Job

Hi Guys,
                    Sorry to cut across but I am in serious need of some help with wiring otherwise I've got a very expensive and extremely large paperweight.
                    To cut to the chase I'm located in Bristol. I've been let down by others and I need to know if I can get my truck to someone to sort out all the wiring for my 1UZFE transplant. The engine & gearbox is in. If it is possible then I need to know that if I get it to you, what would be the approx. cost. I'm not in a great rush if you are currently busy. Many thanks.
                    Ron

Comment

• Try stringer on the www.HPOC.co.uk He is based a Westbury and has done a few pick ups.
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

• What sort of wiring issues do you have? All needs to be redone/checked or no loom exists?
                        My brother and his business partner sorted all mine out and pretty much had to go through every wire so they should be more than capable but they are based in High Wycombe.

http://www.uniqueintegrations.co.uk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...WWs&authuser=0
                        If you do find someone I found some wiring diagrams for when I needed it for mine so you can download them. Hope it helps.

Comment

• whats your email address and i can email you the lexus factory spec manual. it has 1990-1995 and 1995+ lexus ls 400 complete wiring diagrams. i used it when i did my conversion and it worked a treat. its about 110MB so i will FTP it to you but i need your email address.
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

• Than You All

Many thanks for all your replies and thank you for the leads to wiring diagrams etc.
                            I have a problem in as much as the guys doing the work for me have lost their sense of direction an no longer see the importance of finishing the project.

Daniel - I would pay for the truck to be sent to High Wycombe if it was going to be sorted.

My email is ronr1@hotmail.co.uk if you can help further.

Thanks again
                            Ron

Comment

• sent you an email mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                                whats your email address and i can email you the lexus factory spec manual. it has 1990-1995 and 1995+ lexus ls 400 complete wiring diagrams. i used it when i did my conversion and it worked a treat. its about 110MB so i will FTP it to you but i need your email address.
                                Interested in this too

Comment

Working...
                                X