Lexurf IX......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf IX......

......... is going to be getting this under the bonnet..

mated to a manual gearbox!

Oh my...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Lots of polishing opportunities there! Don't get carried away...

Thats the only LS400 I've even driven, is that noticably more powerful than the other ones?

It did some effortless burnouts in workshop car park when gave it an oil change and a once over, even with sticky rear brakes

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing this one.

Comment

Can I just confirm my widely suspected ignorance by asking what it is exactly?

Comment

Same engine as yours Henry but with a different intake manifold, individual coils on each sparkplug and VVTi heads. Approx 280bhp!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Same engine as yours Henry but with a different intake manifold, individual coils on each sparkplug and VVTi heads. Approx 280bhp!
              That is very silly and pointless.

I love it!!!

Comment

Approx 280bhp!
                that sounds good!!
                i wonder how many more bhp will be with a turbo!!
                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                  that sounds good!!
                  i wonder how many more bhp will be with a turbo!!
                  Depends on how much boost, the later engines have weaker rods.

Comment

'A' Turbo? Surely vince could squeeze one per bank in there? its all about useable power though, and i don't think the on/off of turbos would suit the surf's laid back style unless you tightened everything up a lot! Big cubes smoothly fed in sounds nicer to me. 280 hp will probably sound even nicer rattling out a custom exhaust job.
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      It did some effortless burnouts in workshop car park when gave it an oil change and a once over, even with sticky rear brakes

Knew you couldn't resist

......... is going to be getting this under the bonnet..

mated to a manual gearbox!
                      Good going Vince, didn't realise you had created the thread...
                      Really looking forward to this build!

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                      'A' Turbo? Surely vince could squeeze one per bank in there? its all about useable power though, and i don't think the on/off of turbos would suit the surf's laid back style unless you tightened everything up a lot! Big cubes smoothly fed in sounds nicer to me. 280 hp will probably sound even nicer rattling out a custom exhaust job.
                      Will see if a turbo is feasable at a later date, maybe a supercharger would save you the polishing Vince!

Comment

Is this going into a 2nd or 3rd gen?
                        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
                          Will see if a turbo is feasable at a later date, maybe a supercharger would save you the polishing Vince!
                          Absolutely no room for a turbo, not if you want to off-road the truck anyway.
                          A supercharger would fit no problem.

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                          Is this going into a 2nd or 3rd gen?
                          A manual 2nd gen mate, I'll be doing a 3rd gen in the summer.

Comment

Absolutely no room for a turbo, not if you want to off-road the truck anyway.
                            A supercharger would fit no problem.

Been searching ebay for a while for an m90 supercharger kit or even just the adaptor plate for the 1uzfe, has anyone seen them up there? or would I have to "bite the bullet" so to speak.

Also can you get away with a piggyback ECU? looking for an output of 400hp+ eventually. So many questions....

As you say its worth running it round for a while first before going for something like that though.

Comment

For 400bhp you'll be needing a M112 supercharger, some Supra 7mgte injectors and one of these......
                              http://www.lexusv8conversions.co.za/...gement-fitment

Better stock up on rear axles too!

Comment

Working...
                              X