Lexurf VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Vince, absolutely awesome

The V8 sounds sooooo smooth on start up and idle. Then the grunt from the throttle!!! It is making me do a sex wee, especially when listening with the good quality headphones.

Love the cold air induction kit too. Yet another 'hurdle' overcome.

Oh Dublin Port Tunnel......here I come!!!

Comment

• There was a big face palm moment when I realised, that after loads and loads of cranking trying to get it to fire up, I had forgotten to earth the fuel pump!!

Needs a bit of fine tuning to get it running smoother, there's a slight vacuum leak, due to all the emissions crap that i removed. You can probably hear the hiss at the end of the video, then out on the road to make sure it changes gears.

Comment

• i like it, good job. BRAVO!!!
        i will keep my eyes open, if i see that beauty (lexurf) on my trips to belfast.
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• Fingers crossed then Bud, but if any man can.............

Comment

• I just Googled the Dublin port tunnel. 2.8 miles long???!!!
            Better get some earplugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
              Awesome Vince, absolutely awesome

The V8 sounds sooooo smooth on start up and idle. Then the grunt from the throttle!!! It is making me do a sex wee, especially when listening with the good quality headphones.

Love the cold air induction kit too. Yet another 'hurdle' overcome.

Oh Dublin Port Tunnel......here I come!!!
              let me know when you plan passing i would love to meet for a cup of tea / coffee at m1 services and have a look in person at vinces handy work....

by the way if you come from dublin airport side the tunnel has a much greater fall.....

record of mates car going through the tunnel stands at 234kph, and that was a skyline r34....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                let me know when you plan passing i would love to meet for a cup of tea / coffee at m1 services and have a look in person at vinces handy work....

by the way if you come from dublin airport side the tunnel has a much greater fall.....

record of mates car going through the tunnel stands at 234kph, and that was a skyline r34....
                Yes, no problem at all mate. I'll let you know when and sure if it suits you we can meet up

I'd say the record is safe for now though

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Just had a read through this entire thread and it is A-MAZING!
                  Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

• Had a fiddle with the dash clocks as it's been lashing down all day.

Those of you with 'plasma'gauges will know that the dial needles are very hard to see at night, so I fitted a ring of miniature LEDs to the spindles so that the needles illuminate to match the dial faces. Just need to illuminte the fuel gauge now!

Video showing the difference between the now illuminated tacho and the standard speedo needles.
                    Looks better in the 'flesh', my camera can't capture it very well.

(Click photo to play)

Now you've got some real power under your right foot Gary, I thought you should be able to see how fast you're going at a glance.

Comment

• Nice one Vince!

The guages at the 18sec mark in the video look fantastic. I thought the needles couldn't be illuminated, how the hell you done it amazes me. Right time of year for it too with the early nights and all this darkness

Right, it's time to watch the V8 start-up vid again a dozen times or so to help me get asleep (it gives me sweet dreams)

Comment

• It's idling perfect now, some trial and error work on the inlet hose to the idle speed control valve sorted it. It idles at 650 rpm now, I could have got it lower, but the idle speed is just right to keep the power steering nice and light for parking.

I had the dash clocks apart to calibrate the tacho as it was under reading. I've bought myself a digital RPM gauge with laser pointer to get a true engine rpm reading.

The exhaust noise is quite understated at idle as I've made a proper 'X' pipe like Gary-R did for Lexurf V.
                        Still nice and growly over 2000 rpm though, with a crackle on the over-run, and still able scare people if you ad a touch of throttle when you fire it up.
                        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 12 November 2011, 10:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          It's idling perfect now, some trial and error work on the inlet hose to the idle speed control valve sorted it. It idles at 6500 rpm now, I could have got it lower, but the idle speed is just right to keep the power steering nice and light for parking.

I had the dash clocks apart to calibrate the tacho as it was under reading. I've bought myself a digital RPM gauge with laser pointer to get a true engine rpm reading.

The exhaust noise is quite understated at idle as I've made a proper 'X' pipe like Gary-R did for Lexurf V.
                          Still nice and growly over 2000 rpm though, with a crackle on the over-run, and still able scare people if you ad a touch of throttle when you fire it up.
                          Idle at 6500 rpm !! Typo Vince , I hope .
                          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                            Idle at 6500 rpm !! Typo Vince , I hope .

Ooops!!

Comment

• Those little rings of led's certainly make a difference, mine are two black line's at night did ya use the original needles or the ones i saw in the link? (glow-in-the-dark)
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

• Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                                Those little rings of led's certainly make a difference, mine are two black line's at night did ya use the original needles or the ones i saw in the link? (glow-in-the-dark)

Use the Surf needles. I'll do a photo diary to show how the LEDs are fitted Ian.

Comment

Working...
                                X