X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very clever on the clocks vince - the little led's make a big difference

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      understated at idle............nice and growly over 2000 rpm............a crackle on the over-run, and still able scare people if you ad a touch of throttle when you fire it up.
      Now your talking Vince!
      Can't wait to see all this and it's great watching it all come together

Comment

• Instrument cluster all done......(test video)
        p.s. Thats me feathering the throttle so you can see the tacho needle illuminated and not some weird idle speed problem.

I've fitted an 'in-yer-face' engine check light which comes on with the ignition and goes out when the engine is started. I've also added an oil pressure light at the far right of the warning lights area which also goes out when the engine is started. (If it doesn't than obviously switch off engine!! )
        To check for any stored ECU faults, just bridge terminals E1 & TE1 in the diagnostics box on the engine, the same way as you would normally.

Video showing diagnostics check, LED flashing continuously = no faults stored.

Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 13 November 2011, 01:07.

Comment

• Remote start video......

Comment

• 'Laughing out very loud'

That is sooooooo cool

Sounds fecking amazing too!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
              'Laughing out very loud'

That is sooooooo cool

Sounds fecking amazing too!!!
              I hope you were listening to it through headphones with a lot of bass.

Gary, I had to make an ally plate today to house your three auxilary gauges, that one you supplied didn't fit very well and didn't look smart enough for me.
              Plus I had to trim the opening to fit them all in together with the stereo.
              Now you have three choices of finish to the plate; Black, mirror polished or carbon fibre. (I have some carbon fibre vinyl here, the stuff they wrap car bodies with)

p.s. Tune in tomorrow evening for a couple of driving videos.
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 15 November 2011, 01:06.

Comment

I hope you were listening to it through headphones with a lot of bass.
                Sure did Buddy

CF wrap or black sounds good to me. I'll leave it up to your better judgement.

Looking forward to them vids

Comment

• Ok, been out and it drives OK so far, but the brakes are shot!!
                  Was it pulling to the left before you dropped it off? The nearside pads have about 1mm of 'meat' left on them, the offside pads are like new by comparison. (They are the wrong size pads by the way (too big) or the wrong size discs,(too small) there's a prominant lip on the pad's outer edge.
                  I've stripped the near side caliper down as one of the pistons was seized causing the pad to drag on the disc. The caliper is working fine now and all clean and re-painted gold. I've 'borrowed' the pads fom my truck for now, but you definitely need a new set.

Another thing I need to do is fit those spring spacers. The back end isn't sagging, but because the V8 is much lighter than the diesel lump, the front is sitting higher now.
                  Oh, and there's a small ATF leak from the temp sender, some thread tape should cure that.

I wrapped the auxillary gauge plate with carbon fibre by the way, looks very smart, and the Stack volt gauge was so bright I had to fit a resistor to the illumination feed to tone it down a bit, it was blinding in the dark.

Just got to fit the bonnet struts tomorrow, and fab some (polished) rain deflectors to the vents to keep the water off the relays/fuses, then give the whole truck a good valet.

I'll do a video when the truck is looking perfect.

Comment

Remote start video......
                    That is cooool. Only improvement would be fully open throttle at point of ignition, boy could I have some fun with my neighbours with that set up!

Blap blap blap!
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Ok, been out and it drives OK so far, but the brakes are shot!!
                      Was it pulling to the left before you dropped it off? The nearside pads have about 1mm of 'meat' left on them, the offside pads are like new by comparison. (They are the wrong size pads by the way (too big) or the wrong size discs,(too small) there's a prominant lip on the pad's outer edge.
                      I've stripped the near side caliper down as one of the pistons was seized causing the pad to drag on the disc. The caliper is working fine now and all clean and re-painted gold. I've 'borrowed' the pads fom my truck for now, but you definitely need a new set.

I sent you a PM on this Bud.

Another thing I need to do is fit those spring spacers. The back end isn't sagging, but because the V8 is much lighter than the diesel lump, the front is sitting higher now.

I was thinking of this when I bought these. I remember reading the Lexurf V build and seeing the pics with the tape measure after the the diesel lump was extracted. The front end had lifted by a good amount if I remember rightly. Although my truck has the 2" suspension lift kit it seems to sit in the lower range of what you actually gain on the rear. After reading through the forum there seems to be different results on what you end up with height wise.

Oh, and there's a small ATF leak from the temp sender, some thread tape should cure that.

""

I wrapped the auxillary gauge plate with carbon fibre by the way, looks very smart, and the Stack volt gauge was so bright I had to fit a resistor to the illumination feed to tone it down a bit, it was blinding in the dark.

Great stuff!!! Can't wait to get a butchers at that.

Just got to fit the bonnet struts tomorrow, and fab some (polished) rain deflectors to the vents to keep the water off the relays/fuses, then give the whole truck a good valet.

I'll do a video when the truck is looking perfect.
                      I'm looking extremely forward to this

Comment

• oooooohhhhh you getting excited now Gary????

nearly time.

Comment

• Comment

• Just missing this

"Michael, there's an ambush ahead, engaging stealth mode..."

fantastic work bud, more than my truck is worthy of, but I'd really like the "no frills" version at some point....
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• I'm not wired up to do no frills versions.

Comment

I'm not wired up to do no frills versions.
                                Shame.
                                I want a V8 again, its just the metal that surrounds it that's the problem now...
                                Hoping not to have to buy the mrs a V8 for the 2 mile drive to her train station... for me to use at wekends...

I'd rather have the V8 myself, its just in what guise and vehicle it ends up in.

Current thoughts are

VX VXR8 £15k Chevy LS3 430bhp 4 door saloon for mrs...

A Left hooker pick up...

Lexurf

Landcruiser...

See my "dilema"!
                                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                                X