Lexurf VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf VII

Still waiting for some engine parts from the States, so I've just been stripping, degreasing, de-coking, cleaning, polishing and colouring so far....

Just a mock-up of how it's going to look....

OK so far Gary?

the usual top quality vince

is this the second gary lexurf - popular name eh

Comment

And so it begins! You're a lucky man Gary - so much to look forward to over the coming months. And your truck is stunning already btw, just can't wait to see what it looks like by the time Vince has worked his magic on it! Enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        And so it begins! You're a lucky man Gary - so much to look forward to over the coming months. And your truck is stunning already btw, just can't wait to see what it looks like by the time Vince has worked his magic on it! Enjoy...
        Months?
        I hope to have this one finished by the 3rd week of August.

Comment

No doubt it'll be another masterpiece.
          I still have that steel sat at work, let me know if you still want it Vince.

Comment

the more i see the 1uzfe swaps the more i want one in my 3rd gen

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              OK so far Gary?

God Damn Vince, you sure know how to brighten up a man's day

As I have already seen the V8 in it's pre-conversion state the clean & mock up looks fookin amazing! Its hard to believe it's ALL MINE ho ha ha ha

I've be sent over to Scotland for a couple of months with work so this now gives me something to look forward too with the updates. There's not much to do in Cairnryan!

Two other guys I'm working with at the moment also have Surfs and they are very interested in this. I've mentioned your 3rd Gen project and one of them seems very keen on it.

Keep it coming buddy

Comment

Originally posted by scuba_diver View Post
                No doubt it'll be another masterpiece.
                I still have that steel sat at work, let me know if you still want it Vince.

Ooh yes mate, totally forgot about it! I'll get back to you re: sizes, cheers.
                I may have a dash cluster for you, can you upload a photo of yours to make sure I have the right one?

Comment

Last edited by si tate; 25 July 2011, 23:13.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post

Pardon? Speak up!

Comment

Pardon? Speak up!
                      No, leave it at that. It's the most sensible thing he's ever said...
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        No, leave it at that. It's the most sensible thing he's ever said...
                        I've said some quite sensible things over the years Andy, can't think of one at the minute but give me a few hours to find an old thread & I'll prove it.

Oh & the other post was me being speechless.
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Oh & the other post was me being speechless.
                          Oh I see, thanks.

Done a bit more polishing this afternoon, I've only done 30% of it but my face is now black.!

Comment

Ooh yes mate, totally forgot about it! I'll get back to you re: sizes, cheers.
                            I may have a dash cluster for you, can you upload a photo of yours to make sure I have the right one?
                            I got sorted in the end, had to buy one as it was holding up my project.
                            I cut a few things for you but if you have some updated dimensions then that's not a problem, I can scrap 'em and cut some more as it's only stuff that'll go in the scrap anyway.
                            If you still have the latest Lexus do you think you could put the fuel pump to one side for me as I could do with a spare, mine has been a little temperamental??

Comment

Originally posted by scuba_diver View Post
                              I got sorted in the end, had to buy one as it was holding up my project.
                              I cut a few things for you but if you have some updated dimensions then that's not a problem, I can scrap 'em and cut some more as it's only stuff that'll go in the scrap anyway.
                              If you still have the latest Lexus do you think you could put the fuel pump to one side for me as I could do with a spare, mine has been a little temperamental??
                              I have a fuel pump here, it's in a big box of bits destined for Ebay!

Re: the plates, all I need is a load roughly the size of the plate that bolts to the engine block. I'm trying something different this time so I can make a few mounts in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X