Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Cornflakes packet for me.

Proper gasket paper on Lexurfs though.
      Snob ...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

looking good as usual vince

the warn hubs - there is a kit for fitting them if i remember right, its a different nut and washer that lets them sit flush.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          We used to use ball bearings to cut the holes in sheet gasket/greased up fag packets/greased up Frosties packets...
          Frosties packets = new insoles for shoes which should have been in the bin as a young lad. The thought of it now is very funny.

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
          looking good as usual vince

the warn hubs - there is a kit for fitting them if i remember right, its a different nut and washer that lets them sit flush.
          Ah, so there might be hope for them yet. I'll have a look about online and see what's what.

Comment

Found this.........
            http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/autohub/

As Mr R said above, looks like a different washer and nut is used.

Comment

Oh dear! What has happened?

Comment

Slam panel welded back in....

ECU housing fabricated from 3mm aluminium plate....

Thought I'd make something to cover the gap between the radiator and engine. also acts as shelf for tools......

Cardboard template....

Mark out onto 3mm aluminium plate....

Cut out and drill to holes to bolt to the two threaded tabs on the 3.0 radiator....

Polish up and fit....

It's not actually touching the engine so vibration won't be and issue....

p.s. Yes I know that battery is the wrong hand for that side, but I didn't order it!

(don't worry Gary, I'll sort the wiring to suit.)

Comment

Fantastic work, i'd love one of these conversions

Comment

wow!!!

That is Bad Ass Vince!
                    Way beyond what I was expecting. My hat is off to you mate.
                    Oh, I want to see it so bad.

Gutted about that battery though. Before I ordered it I emailed the guy and stated, "The battery that sits on the RHS as I look into the engine bay from the front." By the look of it he has completely ignored me and sent the RHS battery.
                    I can order you the right one and have it sent asap to save you any hassle with the wiring.?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                      wow!!!

That is Bad Ass Vince!
                      Way beyond what I was expecting. My hat is off to you mate.
                      Oh, I want to see it so bad.

Gutted about that battery though. Before I ordered it I emailed the guy and stated, "The battery that sits on the RHS as I look into the engine bay from the front." By the look of it he has completely ignored me and sent the RHS battery.
                      I can order you the right one and have it sent asap to save you any hassle with the wiring.?

No it's OK mate, I've sorted it. Looks a lot neater now too.

Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 October 2011, 23:11.

Comment

• Hahaha, so it does! Compliments the lines of the covers & Alu plate

Comment

• Added all the fluids today and cranked engine over to circulate the oil and coolant. Gauge was showing 42 psi of oil pressure before oil started leaking from one of the unused ports on the sandwich plate on the filter head. (My adapter plate didn't leak though)

No coolant leaks though, so a bit of fiddling tomorrow then put some unleaded in the tank and see if it fires up.

Comment

• Great stuff!!!

Was it a dodgy blanking plug on the sandwich plate causing the problem or is it something completely different? Do you think it will be easy enough to sort mate or be a right basta*d?

Is 42psi about where it needs to be? Adaptor plate is A1 then

Comment

• Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                              Great stuff!!!

Was it a dodgy blanking plug on the sandwich plate causing the problem or is it something completely different? Do you think it will be easy enough to sort mate or be a right basta*d?

Is 42psi about where it needs to be?

It's leaking from one of the blanking plugs. It's a sandwich plate I bought last year to fit to my truck but never did. You need one as I've got three sensors to fit into it, oil pressure/oil temp/oil pressure light. It's probably just a case of wrapping a bit of thread sealer on the plug.
                              I've just ordered a back-up plate just in case this one is fubarred.

42 psi had built up just from cranking the engine. Around 80 psi is the normal running pressure.
                              These SPA gauges are very bright, do they dim when the truck lights are switched on? I haven't fully installed them yet and didn't notice an extra wire to splice into the lighting circuit. (I have a solution if they don't dim.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                These SPA gauges are very bright, do they dim when the truck lights are switched on? I haven't fully installed them yet and didn't notice an extra wire to splice into the lighting circuit. (I have a solution if they don't dim.)
                                Yeah, I noticed they where quite bright when I switched one of them on back home. All I know is the backlight brightness can be adjusted up and down in the settings.
                                Last edited by GBV8; 28 October 2011, 00:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X