Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrE View Post
    Hi Vince,
    Finaly got "skippy the outback truck" out of the lock up and drove it home loving that Lexus v8 noise and power t: I do have one question though, is all that clicking coming from the ECU normal? sounds like a couple of relays switching on and off?
    Will put up some pic's and a vid Thursday.

Mark....

Woo-Hoo!! Congratulations.

Clicking from the ECU??? Doesn't sound good.
    Can you show me how you wired it up?

Comment

From what I can remember, I used the basic wiring diagram off Lextreme for the power and earths, and have separate relays for the EFI pump. I'll have to get my wiring diagram from the lock up at the weekend to give you the full description. I take it they don't click when running then do they not have relays inside the ECU? I guess I should investigate exactly where the ticking is coming from

Mark.......
      Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Got home from work and started up the Cruiser to try and see (or hear) where the clicking is coming from as its been on my mind all day
        From cold not a click to be heared! then after about 10 min's at tickover it started clicking, it's not coming from the ECU! it must be coming from quite a big relay from the old diesel set up, as I could feel it through the front wing I was leaning on with my head under the bonnet. I still have the original temp sender wired in, so could it be the old diesel heater, or the glow plug relay ???

Mark......

Comment

Sounds possible.

Comment

Ok sorted ticking Diesel sensors.
            Next problem, Stuttering (missing) while under normal driving (light accellorator peddle).
            I got arround the looping issue I had by fitting a valve between the air intake/ICV pipe, and it sits and burbles beutifully
            But if I drive about normal it hesitates at coughs miss's, its better if I give it the beans
            If I remove AFM plug, it struggles to idle but drives fantastic with no stuttering at all (but engine light on), so I guess the Plugs, coils, fuel pumps, leads & stuff are ok.
            The engine run perfectly before I removed it, and its from a 93' LS400.

Any Ideas Vince?

A couple of pic's and a Vid

Click on picture for Vidio

Mark....
            Last edited by MrE; 15 October 2011, 22:06.

Comment

Excellent!!

If it stutters at roughly the same throttle position every time, then it'll be the throttle position sensor (TPS) thats faulty.
              The tracks in the little circuit board inside can burn out over time leaving a 'dead spot' thats almost always at the cruising speed position of the throttle. Below and above that 'dead spot' the tracks are still good so you get normal operation.

The AFM sounds like it's working OK from your test, as are the rest of the ignition components.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Excellent!!

If it stutters at roughly the same throttle position every time, then it'll be the throttle position sensor (TPS) thats faulty.
                The tracks in the little circuit board inside can burn out over time leaving a 'dead spot' thats almost always at the cruising speed position of the throttle. Below and above that 'dead spot' the tracks are still good so you get normal operation.

The AFM sounds like it's working OK from your test, as are the rest of the ignition components.
                Cheers Vince, where would I find the TPS

Mark.........

Comment

Originally posted by MrE View Post
                  Cheers Vince, where would I find the TPS

Mark.........
                  Bookmark this site.......

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/tps.html

I find it's much easier to set up if you remove the throttle body.

Comment

Just thought I'd update the thread as I hate it when you don't see a solution.

Sooo after checking out the TPS (thanks Vince ) which was ok, I did some more research and with a little help from a friend, the problem seemed to be a weak spark, so with new plugs and coil packs all is well

Mark.....

P.S I can't believe just how good this engine is on fuel I seem to be getting the same as the old 2.4 boat anchor, except I get everywhere early

Comment

Working...
                    X