Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    It's for those reasons that I'm going for a M90 supercharger.
    That sounds like a good plan

You get it up and running and I'd say some of your customer will be back for seconds

Comment

• Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
      I'd say some of your customer will be back for seconds
      Given that my bonnet already says supercharged on it, it would just be rude not to!

Comment

Thought I'd take advantage of the warm dry day today and sort out the front bumper, valance and end caps. Gave it a good scrubbing and ended up with this....
        Dismantled it and rub it down with wet-or-dry paper, a hose off a coat of black enamel (it's more flexible) another rub down to smooth over when dry, and a shiny top coat.
        Vince - what is your secret with the chrome? Just elbow grease? Or is there some secret Vince method (I assume the wet n dry etc was just for the painted section)? I have been admiring this so much that I have been inspired to set about my bullbar this weekend and give it a proper sparkle... ..

Also what top coat do you use on the paint (the bull bar has some black bits and I have some black enamel paint )?

Comment

• Solvol Autosol used to be the kiddie, don't know know though.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

• Just elbow grease and Autosol mainly. Sometimes a light rub with some fine steel wool or those green pan sourers as well.
            Re: the black bits, I just scrub them with hot soapy water and use silicone spray, tyre dressing gel or the Back-to-black stuff.
            I've used black shoe polish in the past to bring back the black, just apply as you would to your shoes.
            Works with tyres too. (once they've been washed)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Thank ee kindly!

Comment

I've used black shoe polish in the past to bring back the black, just apply as you would to your shoes.
                Works with tyres too. (once they've been washed)
                Gets them through scrutineering too - at least according to the World's Fastest Indian...

Comment

• hehe!! love that film.
                  Autosol is good for polishing plastic light lenses too.

By the way, how long has this Surf sat idle at your place? Or to put it another way, when was the last time the sliding joint saw the business end of a grease gun??
                  Went to fit the rear propshaft back on today and the sliding joint was stuck so I couldn't extend it. (2" bodylift and transfercase higher up now)
                  I had to knock it apart, (yes I marked it first Tony) give it a rub over with some Emery cloth and grease it up, slides in and out nice and smooth now.

Comment

hehe!! love that film.
                    Autosol is good for polishing plastic light lenses too.

By the way, how long has this Surf sat idle at your place? Or to put it another way, when was the last time the sliding joint saw the business end of a grease gun??
                    Went to fit the rear propshaft back on today and the sliding joint was stuck so I couldn't extend it. (2" bodylift and transfercase higher up now)
                    I had to knock it apart, (yes I marked it first Tony) give it a rub over with some Emery cloth and grease it up, slides in and out nice and smooth now.
                    Oh dear. I suppose it sat for 6 months or so.
                    I left the sheep in charge of it. I will have strong words with them.
                    Hope it wasn't too much of a buggeration.

Comment

• Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                      i had a sheep sat on my "special area" for 6 months or so.
                      I left as it did'nt want tounges when kissing. I
                      love a bit of buggeration.
                      I have heard this about lawyers...some sort of freudian thing i suppose.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        I have heard this about lawyers...some sort of freudian thing i suppose.
                        The usual writ is in the post...

Comment

The usual writ is in the post...
                          Oh goody...this place is getting like private eye!.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Oh goody...this place is getting like private eye!.
                            Do I understand you to refer me to the reponse given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram?

Comment

Do I understand you to refer me to the reponse given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram?
                              Why...yes i do!...trebles all round!
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Why...yes i do!...trebles all round!
                                Think your location is getting to you, used to be strictly coffee!!!!!!!
                                www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X