Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    Yea..that's the badger! Having pulled the actuators earlier tho, seems counterproductive putting all that gibbons back on? Just another blanking plate on the side (or the piece from Celsior), a resistor, and a bit of pipe tweakery..
    Just pull evrything off, tape over the open ends of the plugs and tuck them away out of site. I've never needed any resistors to 'fool' the ECU.
    Then plug all the open ports on the plenum/throttle body.
    Make up a blanking plate on the side of the plenum but leave the valve cover breather hose port open to connect a hose onto it to the PCV valve.
    The Celsior plenums are undrilled/tapped at the back for the EGR pipe.

I really should be charging for all this information that took me months to research you know!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I really should be charging for all this information that took me months to research you know!
      Stick it all on a DVD/CD and sell them? On 2nd thoughts; don't do that, they'll end up on eBay...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• And bear in mind, that all lexurf owners have to engage in R&D...I think it's the rules?
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          And bear in mind, that all lexurf owners have to engage in R&D...I think it's the rules?
          Replicate & Duplicate?

Comment

• Originally posted by gary-r View Post
            i got a full set of leather seats from katzkin in the us - $600 delivered when the dollar was 2 for a quid.they are excellent quality and fitted a treat - easy weekends work to fit the lot.
            they also do the leathercloth ones a lot cheaper - might be worth a look bearing in mind what itll cost to have them re-covered in the uk.
            They are asking $750 now. Plus $375 for delivery Plus possibly getting stung for tax . Will check out my local refit place - may not be much more expensive, though I have no idea what they will want to do it. Perhaps a kidney?

Comment

• Thought I'd take advantage of the warm dry day today and sort out the front bumper, valance and end caps. Gave it a good scrubbing and ended up with this....

Dismantled it and rub it down with wet-or-dry paper, a hose off a coat of black enamel (it's more flexible) another rub down to smooth over when dry, and a shiny top coat.
              You can't tell from the photo very well, but I polished the indicator lenses too.
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 16 May 2011, 20:22.

Comment

• Oh my Lord that is gleaming! Absolutely brilliant...

Comment

• I've not commented on this thread so far, don't need to really, but fair to say Henry is getting a cracking job done for him, nice one Vince, love the good work, keep it up mate.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    I've not commented on this thread so far, don't need to really, but fair to say Henry is getting a cracking job done for him, nice one Vince, love the good work, keep it up mate.

Thanks Alan, I think I'm getting the hang of all this modifying malarky now!

Comment

• great looking job, one day soon I will have to pm you bushwacker once I decide what I really want!!!
                      what about adding one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-LS400-1U...item4aab2aa3a8

Comment

• Originally posted by truckarms View Post
                        great looking job, one day soon I will have to pm you bushwacker once I decide what I really want!!!
                        what about adding one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-LS400-1U...item4aab2aa3a8

Comment

• Would there be room to fit it, it looks a bit big.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Would there be room to fit it, it looks a bit big.
                            who cares - think of all the horses

a hole in the bonnet with the belt peeking out and a perspex cover for the uk weather - mad max here we come

you might need to take up bank robbing on the weekends to pay for the go-go juice

Comment

• Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                              you might need to take up bank robbing on the weekends to pay for the go-go juice
                              And you could use the Lexurf as a get away car, on or off road not mch would be able to catch you.
                              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

• They sound nice, and add around 30bhp to a stock 1uz-fe, but in a Surf the passenger side battery will need to go somewhere else, plus you'll have to find room for the intercooler which would need to be at least half the size of the main radiator and about 3" thick. Then there's the pipework for it.
                                I suppose it can be done, but I wouldn't want to off-road it, too much stuff that can get knocked off or damaged.
                                It's for those reasons that I'm going for a M90 supercharger.

Comment

Working...
                                X