yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flounderbout
    replied
    Wibble bibble. Incapable of rational speech...
    'course, now we really are going to need a supercharger...
    That is class!

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Blimey, they fit!


    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    "They won't work so well there as it's a low pressure area. Where they are is the optimum position for extraction at speed."

    Guess that's why those nerds at jaguar put them there then!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    As ever I am in your hands Maestro. They look great where you have them...
    Jigsaw away...

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    Looks good to me!

    The other possible option might be further back so the rearmost point of the vents lines up with the back of the scoop? Just a thought...
    They won't work so well there as it's a low pressure area. Where they are is the optimum position for extraction at speed.

    Oh, and your hanging baskets need some work...

    Not my department!
    The whole house needs work but these bluddie Surf's keep taking up my time.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Looks good to me!

    The other possible option might be further back so the rearmost point of the vents lines up with the back of the scoop? Just a thought...

    Oh, and your hanging baskets need some work...

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    This seems the best position, allowing the flow of the curves to tie-in with the Surf's bonnet bulge and the scoop.


    OK? before I get the jigsaw out.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Thanks for that fellas. Will weigh up the various options...

    Leave a comment:


  • lawsy
    replied
    and it looks liek my Recaro's have sold minus the runners, so I may have a cheap pair of surf - recaro runners available if it'll help you out...

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    I'm sure you are right. There have been various threads about seats which mention them (I think from the Prof himself). I am just wondering if I am going to have to spend some readies on seats whether I mightn't as well go for something shiny and new... Nothing as sparkling as the engine of course..!
    Danv6saxo, over on hilux owners has/had some recaros from a mitsy Evo which he claims fit. They'd look sweet, clean..lol

    Linky
    Last edited by an1mal_69; 13 May 2011, 09:14. Reason: added link

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Those would fit, but because your truck is now lifted, the sides of the seats are hard and make it difficult to get in and out without either hitting your head on the door frame or parting your cheeks!
    That solves that then - I part my cheeks for no man!
    I find the standard seats really comfortable. So I think I will just get them re-covered.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    I know
    Would these fit?

    Those would fit, but because your truck is now lifted, the sides of the seats are hard and make it difficult to get in and out without either hitting your head on the door frame or parting your cheeks!

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    Or I'm watching these on FleaBay, but not sure what the dimensions are

    Lexurf II has that type and they are too wide IMO, the shoulder 'wings' rub on the door pillars and you have to drape the seatbelt over them because you can't get at the belts otherwise. Plus they don't recline very well if I remember.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I'm sure Subaru or MK7 Celica seats are a reasonably easy swap. If they aren't, someone will gently put me right
    I'm sure you are right. There have been various threads about seats which mention them (I think from the Prof himself). I am just wondering if I am going to have to spend some readies on seats whether I mightn't as well go for something shiny and new... Nothing as sparkling as the engine of course..!

    Leave a comment:


  • Albannach
    replied
    I'm sure Subaru or MK7 Celica seats are a reasonably easy swap. If they aren't, someone will gently put me right

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X