yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by gary-r View Post
    to do flush vents you'll need a joggler

    best ones are used by the aircraft industry - they have 2 wheels with offsets and can be spaced for the width of the joggle in the panel. the mole grip type with offset jaws aren't worth a carrot.

    paid around £50 for mine

    I've been meaning to buy a set of jogglers for the past five years, I always find myself looking at the in the Machine Mart catalog and thinking, hmm I could do with a set of those, especially for welding sheet metal together.
    My only concern with using them on a shiny bonnet is cracking paint around the edge of the hole, unless the vents would hide it when fitted?

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    to do flush vents you'll need a joggler

    best ones are used by the aircraft industry - they have 2 wheels with offsets and can be spaced for the width of the joggle in the panel. the mole grip type with offset jaws aren't worth a carrot.

    paid around £50 for mine

    Leave a comment:


  • lawsy
    replied
    just spent the last hour reading this thread. ###### brilliant..

    i love this pic...



    could even make good wall art too

    Vince - pm coming your way too

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
    God Damn that's looking good!

    Are they polished or painted?

    Vince, how hard is it to install vents that sit flush with the bonnet? Something like the Cossy 4x4 vents.

    The tops are polished, where they look er, polished, the lower parts are sprayed with bright aluminium paint. It was near impossible to polish those parts.
    Re: flush vents, I think there's a recess stamped into the bonnet to make them sit flush, I could possibly do that but I would practice on my bonnet first.

    Leave a comment:


  • GBV8
    replied
    God Damn that's looking good!

    Are they polished or painted?

    Vince, how hard is it to install vents that sit flush with the bonnet? Something like the Cossy 4x4 vents.

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    phwooooaaaaar - thats going to be a bit posh

    makes me want to take my cam covers off and get the polishing mops out.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    Do the cam covers tend to split ok? i.e. are the gaskets re-usable?
    Yeah they're re-usable, they're rubber seals rather than gaskets. The cam covers might need a slight pry with a screwdriver in the corner to break the seal though, then they just lift off.
    You'll see a blob or two of instant gasket in a couple of places so make sure you re-apply in those same places when fitting the covers back on.

    The sparkplug tubes have seals around them as well, so make sure you lift the cam covers straight up.

    The inlet plenum has four individual metal gaskets that can be re-used too, just give both sides a smear of RTV sealant or any instant gasket gloop.

    I use RTV sealant for the throttle body gasket as well, as the paper one usually sticks and gets torn..
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 30 April 2011, 13:13.

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Do the cam covers tend to split ok? i.e. are the gaskets re-usable?

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Lovely..they look spanking new.

    Hopefully have my axle done this wkend if I get a good few hours on it. The more I look at your bufty pics, the more I'm inclined to tidy mine up..just about fending the urge off tho

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Forget the vents, just get a clear plastic bonnet!
    Well they do it with Fezzas (well the boot anyway), and they are bog-ugly compared to this...!

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Forget the vents, just get a clear plastic bonnet!

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Prepare to go to defcon 3.

    Wow. Absolutely bleddy amazing.

    Leave a comment:


  • gwh200
    replied
    Oooh...Oi loikes oi does.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post

    Some bad news for you though... You have just ratcheted my excitement level up another notch or three. Expect severe impatience re more photos!!!

    Prepare to go to defcon 3.


    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    Vince, this looks absolutely perfect. Just what I imagined - I love it. Thanks!



    Some bad news for you though... You have just ratcheted my excitement level up another notch or three. Expect severe impatience re more photos!!!



    This argument has been done to death on another thread. For me there are three completely decisive points.

    1) Vince reckons it works, which is absolutely good enough for me.
    2) With the scoop "backwards", I think it looks gash. This is only my opinion.
    3) This looks absolutely f%&£ing awesome. Again, this is only my opinion. But it has the benefit of being self-evidently right

    Others who disagree should feel completely free to do something different on their truck.

    Vince the more I look at them the less I think the Subaru side vents work. I am trying to find something suitable, and will let you know if I have any joy. I reckon long rectangular vents in the areas to the R and L of the scoop... Does that fit with the stiffening sections under the bonnet? What do you reckon to those LR type vents you suggested a while back, or ones like on Lexurf IV?

    I did Lexurf IV's freehand and just stuck some mess behind that I had here.

    I'm not keen of the Scooby vents now either, shame they can't be fitted into the wings like the new LandRover Discovery..

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X