yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    Thats a real fine surf Henry. I just marvel, at how different they all are. Vince gave mine thw "70's hot rod" look...and im regularly feeling like pimping my biatch...
    My point, is that i think vince has a secret brain thought stealer, and nicks your brainwaves, to get something sorted for each owner.
    Either that, or i really have to stop sniffing the sewage...
    It's bizarre how he does exactly what you would have asked him to do if only you had thought of it isn't it?! I have loved all of them in different ways, but this one is exactly right for what I wanted

    And you are not the only one who has been sniffing the sewage! Hysteria has taken over! I'm going to shelter in here with all these luscious pics!

    Leave a comment:


  • gwh200
    replied
    Thats a real fine surf Henry. I just marvel, at how different they all are. Vince gave mine thw "70's hot rod" look...and im regularly feeling like pimping my biatch...
    My point, is that i think vince has a secret brain thought stealer, and nicks your brainwaves, to get something sorted for each owner.
    Either that, or i really have to stop sniffing the sewage...

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Sorry old bean.

    These OK?


    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    .............................. ...................
    4. I can't believe you just teased me with the sight of that grille on the vid and didn't post a pic.
    Sorry old bean.

    These OK?

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    A few things;
    1. That front end looks seriously mean! Sit in the middle lane with that all you can see in your mirror you f%£%^$!!! The vent choice was inspired - I wish I could take the credit!
    2. I can't believe I was worried that that carbon and silver air filter would be too bling - it is the least shiny thing in there!!! Looks good doesn't it?!
    3. There is no other man alive who would have gone to the trouble of putting s/s dome nuts (polished to boot!) on the strut brackets. That is reason #279 (out of #438 and counting) why your work is so special. Perfectionism doesn't do it justice. And this is perfect.
    4. I can't believe you just teased me with the sight of that grille on the vid and didn't post a pic. I reckon my wife has paid you, 'cos she knows I get up at 6am in the hope of seeing more pics and end up letting the dog out; tidying up; doing the washing; etc etc...
    Just in love with it all. Thank you very much indeed.


    Oh, and Gra, a race? Are you serious?
    a) that carbon airfilter gives me an extra 8bhp (ebay said so); and
    b) this is going on my mantlepiece - driving it would be sacrilege...

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma Supra
    replied
    Thats pretty cool!

    It has also got me thinking of sickeninly pointless but geekishly pleasing uses for spare alarm remote auxillary uses.... well we can't exactly use a boot popper with our spare wheels...

    But remote bonnet open followed by remote (V8) start... that's cool! just needs some kinf od sping "helper" to start it off

    Am I being silly now? lol

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by angloabroad View Post
    am available weekends mate for any plastering/coving/refurb..all for a mug of sweet tea and maybe a bacon sarnie

    just give us a shout mate

    Cheers Mick.

    Leave a comment:


  • angloabroad
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

    Not my department!
    The whole house needs work but these bluddie Surf's keep taking up my time.
    am available weekends mate for any plastering/coving/refurb..all for a mug of sweet tea and maybe a bacon sarnie

    just give us a shout mate

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Thanks for the compliments.

    Last photos for now, got lots of wires to sort out over the next few days.

    Vents properly bonded in now, plus I added some mesh to the scoop to keep birds and children out. (I'll trim off the excess adhesive when it's set)


    Couple more pieces to the puzzle added under the bonnet....(can you spot something else that got polished and bling'd?)




    No?......


    And finally, a short video showing the struts working and the refurbished grille......

    http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a41...Picture134.mp4

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma Supra
    replied
    Looks spot on!

    I love the polished + black scheme, I did the same when I rebuilt my last supra's lump, Looks like it could have left the factory, as some kind of super polished up demo vehicle, great look!

    I keep looking up LS400s on Ebay....

    I promised I'd not spend money doing this up but.............

    Leave a comment:


  • gwh200
    replied
    Superb vince, just excellent. Now to more important matters...who wants a race!

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    wunnerful stuff

    that engines looking spot on vince and the bonnets a work of art.

    the black and polished alloy looks great

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    That solves that then - I part my cheeks for no man!
    I find the standard seats really comfortable. So I think I will just get them re-covered.
    i got a full set of leather seats from katzkin in the us - $600 delivered when the dollar was 2 for a quid.they are excellent quality and fitted a treat - easy weekends work to fit the lot.
    they also do the leathercloth ones a lot cheaper - might be worth a look bearing in mind what itll cost to have them re-covered in the uk.

    Leave a comment:


  • biosurf
    replied
    Jesus. Even though I am a committed chip fat burner even I'm tempted.

    Very pretty Vince.

    Leave a comment:


  • GBV8
    replied
    Vince & Henry, the finished engine and detailing looks absolutley stunning!

    With a bonnet like that mate you are just begging for the traffic light Grand Prixs

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X