yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Thought I'd take advantage of the warm dry day today and sort out the front bumper, valance and end caps. Gave it a good scrubbing and ended up with this....



    Dismantled it and rub it down with wet-or-dry paper, a hose off a coat of black enamel (it's more flexible) another rub down to smooth over when dry, and a shiny top coat.
    You can't tell from the photo very well, but I polished the indicator lenses too.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 16 May 2011, 20:22.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by gary-r View Post
    i got a full set of leather seats from katzkin in the us - $600 delivered when the dollar was 2 for a quid.they are excellent quality and fitted a treat - easy weekends work to fit the lot.
    they also do the leathercloth ones a lot cheaper - might be worth a look bearing in mind what itll cost to have them re-covered in the uk.
    They are asking $750 now. Plus $375 for delivery Plus possibly getting stung for tax . Will check out my local refit place - may not be much more expensive, though I have no idea what they will want to do it. Perhaps a kidney?

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    And bear in mind, that all lexurf owners have to engage in R&D...I think it's the rules?
    Replicate & Duplicate?

    Leave a comment:


  • gwh200
    replied
    And bear in mind, that all lexurf owners have to engage in R&D...I think it's the rules?

    Leave a comment:


  • Albannach
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    I really should be charging for all this information that took me months to research you know!
    Stick it all on a DVD/CD and sell them? On 2nd thoughts; don't do that, they'll end up on eBay...

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    Yea..that's the badger! Having pulled the actuators earlier tho, seems counterproductive putting all that gibbons back on? Just another blanking plate on the side (or the piece from Celsior), a resistor, and a bit of pipe tweakery..
    Just pull evrything off, tape over the open ends of the plugs and tuck them away out of site. I've never needed any resistors to 'fool' the ECU.
    Then plug all the open ports on the plenum/throttle body.
    Make up a blanking plate on the side of the plenum but leave the valve cover breather hose port open to connect a hose onto it to the PCV valve.
    The Celsior plenums are undrilled/tapped at the back for the EGR pipe.

    I really should be charging for all this information that took me months to research you know!

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Yea..that's the badger! Having pulled the actuators earlier tho, seems counterproductive putting all that gibbons back on? Just another blanking plate on the side (or the piece from Celsior), a resistor, and a bit of pipe tweakery..

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    Nice top end pics please..finally stripped my cam covers and inlet off for paint today and my mud eye had a little flutter when I realised Ive probably forgotten where everything goes

    Vince, do you just blank the EGR pipe? I'm thinking of pulling the whole system after sniffing round on lextreme. Thanks to the new galleries, went back to see No.2 which had no EGR..what yr Lex' was that one?
    Do you mean the solid pipe that goes from the inlet plenum to the exhaust manifold?
    Yes, just make up a blanking plate for the plenum and exhaust manifold.

    No. 2 and No. 6 are Toyota Celsior engines, they don't have the EGR stuff.

    Don't read too much into what thy say on Lextreme, it's mostly 'sledge hammer to crack a nut' talk.
    The Aussie site, engine conversion section, 1UZ-FE threads are straight talkers.

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Nice top end pics please..finally stripped my cam covers and inlet off for paint today and my mud eye had a little flutter when I realised Ive probably forgotten where everything goes

    Vince, do you just blank the EGR pipe? I'm thinking of pulling the whole system after sniffing round on lextreme. Thanks to the new galleries, went back to see No.2 which had no EGR..what yr Lex' was that one?

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
    An orgasm
    I like it! A thunderous orgasm of Lexurfs!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • puddlesurfer
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    What's the collective noun for a load of Lexurfs?
    An orgasm

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Thanks Jess.
    When I get to number X (10) I'll have to organise a summer Lexurf gathering.

    What's the collective noun for a load of Lexurfs, a herd or a flock?
    Maybe a grumble?
    A thunder of Lexurfs

    Leave a comment:


  • GBV8
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Thanks Jess.
    When I get to number X (10) I'll have to organise a summer Lexurf gathering.

    What's the collective noun for a load of Lexurfs, a herd or a flock?
    Maybe a grumble?
    You can count me in matey. Just name the time & place.

    Henry, these new threads are ace. Some pics in there I hadn't seen before

    Leave a comment:


  • Diezel Weazel
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Thanks Jess.
    When I get to number X (10) I'll have to organise a summer Lexurf gathering.

    What's the collective noun for a load of Lexurfs, a herd or a flock?
    Maybe a grumble?
    You very welcome "Lexurfstein"
    More like Rumble O' Lexurf's ....
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 15 May 2011, 14:43.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
    I love the mini build threads! good work!

    Is there a 3rd Gen one yet in the UK?
    Blackpool sparks keeps inquiring but hasn't commited yet.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X