Lexurf V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    Yea, im putting a solid axle under whilst it's all in bits. Thought it made sense, so i can juggle everything around to fit rather than fit the motor and then struggle with the axle because I've not considered X interfering with Y (ain't that always the way).
    solid axle swap ?
    Are you doing some rock crawling? or are you just tired of replacing the weak Surf halfshafts?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Wiring diagrams?
      jog yer memory
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65978
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
        solid axle swap ?
        Are you doing some rock crawling? or are you just tired of replacing the weak Surf halfshafts?
        Sorry for the minor thread hack Vince..

Too much time on yotatech..lol..nah, I jus fancied a shot at 3-linking the front, of course inspired by our American cousins..

Still gathering parts, no stock of tube (for links) till early Feb, just a bouts to order some shocks..the tax is up on the Lexus this month so need to shift focus and get all the bits I need off that

Comment

Floor to wheelarch measurement with the engine fully installed.
          As you can see, 1/4" difference from an empty engine bay!!
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 20 January 2011, 22:14.

Comment

That 1M with the lex' lump in place.?

Comment

That 1M with the lex' lump in place.?

Yes, sitting on the mounts, 2" bodylift and 31" GG A/Ts.

I forgot to measure the height with the 2.4 in there, but it certainly wasn't that high!

Comment

Just went back to see 1st pic and thought it wasn't much. How much have the bars been wound.? Usual 2" job.?

Comment

Just went back to see 1st pic and thought it wasn't much. How much have the bars been wound.? Usual 2" job.?

No idea, you'll have to ask Garry-R.

Comment

bars were wound about an inch if i remember - didn't want it to feel like riding a pogo stick on the road. the backs sitting a bit higher with rough trax 2" overs.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                      bars were wound about an inch if i remember - didn't want it to feel like riding a pogo stick on the road. the backs sitting a bit higher with rough trax 2" overs.

I think you'll need to back them off again, if I stand on the front crossmember, the front doesn't move!!

I'll see what it's like with the 33"s on first though, you might need the height for clearance when on full lock.

Comment

Cool..probably be sitting somewhere near level now then, bonus.!

Comment

bars are easy to wind down vince - new bolts full of copper grease - you can do it sitting on its wheels with a half inch ratchet.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                            bars are easy to wind down vince - new bolts full of copper grease - you can do it sitting on its wheels with a half inch ratchet.

hehe!! Yeah, i noticed the copper grease everywhere

Whts that blue grease on the handbrake cable adjuster? It was all in my hair the other day!

Comment

Yea, im putting a solid axle under whilst it's all in bits. Thought it made sense, so i can juggle everything around to fit rather than fit the motor and then struggle with the axle because I've not considered X interfering with Y (ain't that always the way).

Have you seen this Nik?
                              http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...kup/index.html

Comment

hehehehe blue hair - a welsh smurf
                                its grease from the heavy plant, i get it for the big cats. the cat guys told me it works great in salt, i did all the moving bits with it hehehe - the extra on the handbrake cable got thrown out the prop (air greaser - i over did it a wee bit). its really sticky stuff eh

Comment

Working...
                                X