No announcement yet.

Lexurf V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most excellent as usual vince. And as for using an American engine, it's just not viable IMHO to swap a really heavy,iron, single cam block, for a really heavy,iron,single cam block.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Got a Chevy small block and tranny sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted into a Surf or Runner. Just need the adaptor to Toyota transfer box from States to keep 4wd
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

looks great vince - gwh will soon be trying to catch me instead of scaring old ladies in porsches at traffic lights

re the yankee iron blocks - 4.0l lexus - 250hp
        302ci ford(5.0l) - 240hp from the crate and nearly double the weight.

plus its a dinosaur still running pushrods.

i tuned my ford to 340hp - big valve heads - sporty cam - electronic dizzy and a holley you could stick your head in. it went great and was bulletproof but i got 8mpg in a 1 ton sports car and it cost thousands to build

a 2 ton surf with a 1uzfe getting around 20mpg - mmmmm guess which motor i prefer.

no contest really

Comment

The GM LT5 or the Northstar is an aluminium 5.7 small block with overhead cams. 350 bhp standard.

But now I'm just dreaming.
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Nice work vince.!!

I'm on with pulling the motor out of the LS400 at the mo, had an afternoon on it yesterday uncoupling all the life support won't have time to pull it until nxt wkend though

Comment

some good work goin on here mate

Comment

It's in the hole! (Photo from yesterday, Photobucket is playing up)

Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 18 January 2011, 17:14.

Comment

how many squillion pixels is that pic i had to put it on my 42" telly to see it all - hehehehe

i told you before if you kept your pics in a bucket they would get all messed up

looks great vince - nice to see in place, im all excited now

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                    how many squillion pixels is that pic i had to put it on my 42" telly to see it all - hehehehe

i told you before if you kept your pics in a bucket they would get all messed up

looks great vince - nice to see in place, im all excited now

I've changed it to a thumbnail now, if you click on it it'll open in Imageshack to proper size.

I've hit a problem re: the oil filter adapter, there's not enough room to get the hoses on so I'm just about to order an oil filter bracket from a Soarer, they're about 40 quid. I've tried jiggling the engine around, raising it. lowering etc but there's just not enough space. The Soarer bracket is the only answer really.

Comment

try right angle fittings from demon tweeks - remove the alloy ends on the filter bracket and convert them to jubliee clip. the steel fittings are half the depth of the alloy ones.

Comment

i dont mind either way vince - the other half of the adaptor will still work as a remote filter unit, ill leave it up to you, whatever suits best.
                        just cut the braided line to the lengths you need

its all part of the fun eh - if it was easy everyone would be doing it

Comment

try right angle fittings from demon tweeks - remove the alloy ends on the filter bracket and convert them to jubliee clip. the steel fittings are half the depth of the alloy ones.

I've tried different fittings too, still too close to the chassis.

Comment

soarer bracket it is then vince - it does look tight in the pic

Comment

any luck with them wiring diagrams vince ?
                              JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

soarer bracket it is then vince - it does look tight in the pic

LS400 bracket compared to Soarer (SC400) bracket....

Comment

Working...
                                X