No announcement yet.

Lexurf V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bushy and gwh - the biggest problem is the size of the ecu, theres not a lot of places to hide it in the dash. if id had more time i think id have binned all the air co unit and fan to make more space. that would just leave the heater to sort out with loads of room for the eleccy bits.

i just don't get the time here to try something like that.

Comment

• vince have you got a diagram showing the multiplug wiring connections on the surf dash. itll save me time trying to find the fuel gauge sender, speed sensor and rev counter feed wires.

im hoping to have the time to fit the digital dash by the end of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by gary-r View Post
        vince have you got a diagram showing the multiplug wiring connections on the surf dash. itll save me time trying to find the fuel gauge sender, speed sensor and rev counter feed wires.

im hoping to have the time to fit the digital dash by the end of the week.

Even better, I'll photograph the multiplugs in the morning and highlight the wires and their colours via MS Paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Even better, I'll photograph the multiplugs in the morning and highlight the wires and their colours via MS Paint.
          triffic - that'll save me a lot of messing around with a meter

Comment

• Plugs in order as they are connected to the cluster:

A.
            White/black wire = GROUND.
            Green wire = ILLUMINATION.
            Black/orange wire = IGNITION 12V.
            Black wire with silver dots = TACHO.

B.
            Green/blue wire = SPEEDO.

C.

D.
            Yellow/red = FUEL GAUGE.
            Yellow/blue = LOW FUEL LIGHT.

Attached Files

Comment

• cheers vince -

looks like postman pats lost my warning lamps so its going to be next week before i can fit it.

Comment

• digital dash fitted and wired up - sorry about picture quality, the phone doesn't like led lamps much.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Funky! Nice work again...

Comment

• Looks V. good.

Would look better if you get a pic of the speedo reading 140mph tho'.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

• Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                      Looks V. good.

Would look better if you get a pic of the speedo reading 140mph tho'.

not much chance of that - its broke again - 14mph is nearer the mark. it only works in first and reverse.

Comment

• Looks great Gaz.

Comment

• Nice work Gary..looks great.!!

Comment

not much chance of that - its broke again - 14mph is nearer the mark. it only works in first and reverse.
                            Wassup....
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• wassup - dunno really, its had this fault since it was built. i found a bad wire in the box loom and thought id cured it but its back again so obviously the wire wasnt the problem.

it starts ok but wont shift out of first or reverse and ive now got fault codes 13, 21, 28 and 41.

its got new o2 sensors and a tps sensor so im a wee bit baffled.

even when it was shifting it feels a bit flat and the kickdown was slow. ive adjusted cables everywhere and flushed the box but it makes no difference.

been at it all day today and got nowhere - its on 8 but it has blips and sneezes on idle.

Comment

been at it all day today and got nowhere - its on 8 but it has blips and sneezes on idle.
                                A faulty coil can cause that, it was a fault I saw on another Lexus conversion up here.

Brian was really unlucky, he replaced both coils at the same time, but one was faulty so the problem persisted. He was at it for weeks until the only thing left was the coils again. Replaced them one at a time and the fault disappeared...
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X