No announcement yet.

My Head has gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you leave it till the weather got nice n cold for a purpose, get it back together sharpish or you'll be up to the bonnet in snow up there and you won't be able to play, where are you anyway, Scotland's quite a big place. H

Comment

When I released the head bolts on mine I got a little 'whoosh' as pressure was released, good tug on a 2 ft breaker bar got them out. Oil em up before you put new ones back in.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
        Did you leave it till the weather got nice n cold for a purpose, get it back together sharpish or you'll be up to the bonnet in snow up there and you won't be able to play, where are you anyway, Scotland's quite a big place. H
        No I was off work for months, and have just went back so that takes mon-fri up, I have the wknd but then its weather dependant, I live right next to Faslane?

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        When I released the head bolts on mine I got a little 'whoosh' as pressure was released, good tug on a 2 ft breaker bar got them out. Oil em up before you put new ones back in.
        Ok thanks mate.

Comment

got head off looks like a lot of cracks?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Surfsupdudes; 3 November 2010, 16:35.

Comment

clean up between the valves with a little solvent, take more pics and post again, the only cracks visible to me there are on the injector seats which I think you can just replace, you might just get away with the head skimming and testing before refitting, mine were highly visible. H

Comment

This looks like a crack between the valve ports.
              Attached Files
              Alan

Comment

its the general manky condition, though your pic looks more like a crack there, mine must have been ready to split in half by the time I changed it out it was one hell of a lot cleaner throughout even though it was f***ed. H

Comment

Mine too, looks like a lot of gasket still attached to his.
                  Alan

Comment

whats the mark between the hole and the inlet valve? i presume the hole is where the glow plug is situated never having taken a diesel engine head off before i can only assume thats what it is, if it was a petrol head its where the plug would be.
                    Last edited by soramad; 8 November 2010, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                      whats the mark between the hole and the inlet valve? i presume the hole is where the glow plug is situated never having taken a diesel engine head off before i can only assume thats what it is, if it was a petrol head its where the plug would be.
                      No thats the combustion port, the injector goes into head above that.
                      Alan

Comment

so with that crack between the valve ports is it scrap metal?
                        thanks for all replys

Paul
                        Last edited by Surfsupdudes; 10 November 2010, 14:37.

Comment

No thats the combustion port, the injector goes into head above that.
                          thanks for that i have never owned or worked on a diesel engine before, but know my way round petrol engines as i used to race them years ago , webber 40/45dcoe's, piper cams,gas flowing heads etc yep years ago now

Comment

Originally posted by Surfsupdudes View Post
                            so with that crack between the valve ports is it scrap metal?
                            thanks for all replys

Paul
                            If its deffo a crack then yes its scrap, depending where you buy another head from they'll want the old one intact from you, they reuse valves cams etc on the built heads. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                              If its deffo a crack then yes its scrap, depending where you buy another head from they'll want the old one intact from you, they reuse valves cams etc on the built heads. H
                              been working like a dog, but I will have a closer look this weekend, as memory serves I am sure it is a crack, although I need to clean the head up and have another look, just want to say thanks Hazzo for helping me, I would have been up Sh1t creek otherwise mate.

Comment

This looks like a crack between the valve ports.
                                yup it sure is, ah well.

Comment

Working...
                                X