No announcement yet.

Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well nothing has been done to change the position of the leak so my options are to either take it off or sell the truck as is. I know that its a couple of hours to get it off so im not sure if im going to bother. Woodwarm I have that same pump on ebay on my watch list but I cant tell which one I need cos as you can see from the pictures my id plate is unreadable. Steve said that it doesn't look like any of the 3 that are listed in the manual, so it could be anything under there tbh

Comment

Looks like the one in my ebay link.

old Hilux not efi.

Do you any pics of your engine or engine bay?

Comment

I don't have any but could easily get some, truck is now in my drive. Anything in particular that would help to Suss out what pump it is? Will only take an 10 mins to get and upload them. Would the engine number be of use? I think Steve did try that tbh, with the local Toyota dealer.

Comment

Chassis/ build code would be awesome

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=145
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Pictures would help.

Engine no if it was taken directly from engine, not from the log book or
            chassis plate.

Comment

Will upload piccy of vin plate as soon as possible, where would I find engine number? Will investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by rickus View Post
                Will upload piccy of vin plate as soon as possible, where would I find engine number? Will investigate.

Vin plate is silver,located on panel between bonnet hinges.
                If your engine was replaced before you bought Surf, engine number
                in log book & vin will not be correct.

Pic of engine will help

Ask your mechanic. he has the no ......

" Would the engine number be of use? I think Steve did try that tbh, with the local Toyota dealer. "

Comment

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/Rick_Barton/library/

cant see it very well, cos its silver. don't know where to look for engine number on the engine tbh, will check manual. Im off to sea for 2 days and wont be back till Friday, so im not being ignorant just not around. Btw numbers are the same on plate and paperwork.
                  Last edited by rickus; 7 April 2015, 19:31.

Comment

Rick

Your vin plate reads 2L-TE

Comment

Ok does that mean its a 2l engine? The insurance company came back and said that but I thought it was because it was an import. In fact they said it was a 2L townace so I just thought it was a reg number problem. Hmm seems that I might have a 2L engine then. Paperwork lists it as a 2044L but I just thought it was a printing error and never got it sorted.
                      Last edited by rickus; 7 April 2015, 19:53.

Comment

Insurance co always wrongly identify the surfs,ignore what they say.

Best check your ins. paperwork. Make sure it's insured as a Toyota Surf 2.4.

Picture of your engine would Help

Comment

Ok does that mean its a 2l engine? The insurance company came back and said that but I thought it was because it was an import. In fact they said it was a 2L townace so I just thought it was a reg number problem. Hmm seems that I might have a 2L engine then. Paperwork lists it as a 2044L but I just thought it was a printing error and never got it sorted.
                          Rickus, 2L and 2.0L are 2 different things...that reads like your a bit confused.

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
                            Insurance co always wrongly identify the surfs,ignore what they say.

Best check your ins. paperwork. Make sure it's insured as a Toyota Surf 2.4.

Picture of your engine would Help
                            Choose your weapon Robert

Comment

Just an overhead picture or anything specific? Where would I find the engine number? I have to wait till Friday now asi gotta work, thx for your help so far guys.

Comment

Just an overhead picture.
                                yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X