Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overhead pic would be good.

Comment

So post#47 and we are getting another tantalizing step closer to the identity of the pump and maybe even the seal that is leaking.

Although now the OP has the added joy of trying to convince his insurance company of what is actually sat outside......

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        So post#47 and we are getting another tantalizing step closer to the identity of the pump and maybe even the seal that is leaking.

Although now the OP has the added joy of trying to convince his insurance company of what is actually sat outside......

...and DVLA by the sound of it. (48 down, lets got for a round 50 )

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
          ...and DVLA by the sound of it. (48 down, lets got for a round 50 )
          Oh jeez the DVLA
          Changing the pump be it efi or mechanical will seem like a stroll in the park.

Didn't the Vogon have a part in setting up the DVLA
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Oh jeez the DVLA
            Changing the pump be it efi or mechanical will seem like a stroll in the park.

Didn't the Vogon have a part in setting up the DVLA
            I believe they still work there...

Comment

hi, sorry I been away at sea helping my cousin.

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/Ric...lp2uy.jpg.html

heres the link to a photo of my engine, there are others on photobucket if you can get to my library. Cheers in advance for any help.

Comment

2L-TE then...

should be this kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hilux-Surf...-/151630364431

Supplied mine, very helpful fella.
                Last edited by andyverran; 12 April 2015, 00:30.

Comment

but I still gotta get pump off, which I believe is a pain due to the crank nut
                  thx for getting me to the right kit tho

Comment

Originally posted by rickus View Post
                    but I still gotta get pump off, which I believe is a pain due to the crank nut
                    thx for getting me to the right kit tho
                    Follow the advise further back in this thread (Shokenore was it?), put a socket and bar on it and rest against the chassis and flick the starter...and think about which way it's going to move before doing it please.

...post 27

Crank nut = socket bar jammed against chassis and briefly key the starter to break the stiction
                    Or a blooming long breaker bar
                    Last edited by andyverran; 12 April 2015, 01:33.

Comment

Thx, not sure how to work out which way it moves. I'll ask someone, best to go from the top or bottom to get at it? I think the mechanic went from the top but I'd rather get you experienced guys advice on that.

Comment

Engine runs clockwise when viewed from the front...

Comment

Soo the mystery pump is actually no mystery at all.

I should image as in most of these similar cases the ever so not helpful local Toyo dealer has seen the VIN plate refers to a grey import and has wiped his hands of the issue

Shame really

But their loss as Andy has pointed out the seal kit you can search more but that is a pretty good price.

BUT I would still make sure the leak if indeed there is a leak can't be done with the pump in situ.

Top cover gaskets and o rings can be done with the pump in place even the spill control valve o ring can be done.

Good luck tho
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

BUT I would still make sure the leak if indeed there is a leak can't be done with the pump in situ.

Top cover gaskets and o rings can be done with the pump in place even the spill control valve o ring can be done.

Good luck tho
                            The chap on the link I posted does provide instructions on exactly that...not knowing what your leak is, but if it was me I'd take the lazy way out and do the easy ones with the pump in and see if that sorts it out.

Comment

Not lazy but I'd do the same why work harder when you can work smarter.
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

well the mechanic changed the ones that came in the kit from roughtrax so I sort of figure that will be the easy ones. He also said that it looks like where it is leaking is not accessible without removing the pump. so im going to take it off, maybe get anything else that can be done to it done. Have to work out which way the nut goes when I get there cos I cant think about it till I get to look at the crank nut. I thought that it was facing the rear of the engine so would need to look at it to work it out, but thanks for ALL the help you guys have given

Comment

Working...
                                X