No announcement yet.

Egr removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it wont start on easystart, you got compression problems, cos you're by passing all electrical and fuel issues by injecting a low ignition gas into the engine

Or the cam belt broke?
    What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

location 174 woodville street

Originally posted by frankx View Post
      hi guy's tyred that wire on bottom starter bracket witch is engine block earth also have earth running straight from batterie neg. earth to bulk head still no go took another pic of that wire tested again with ign. on reg. 5.10 volts as you can see in pic. heavey padding on the core loom definately not earth address 174 woodville street sorry mate my mistake big iron gates in between fraser mac donalds and protors garage amg tyres just ask for alec murty's place if you let me know what time your comming at?. i'll stand out in street what car are ye driving?
      hi ben at garage today hooked up that wire to body earth try'd to start it and blew glow plug fuse took back off left hanging loose now there seems tobe short circute the glow plugs rail their earthing out when they should be live ? got any idears

Comment

cam belt turns over took oil filer cap off to check it

Originally posted by meooo View Post
        If it wont start on easystart, you got compression problems, cos you're by passing all electrical and fuel issues by injecting a low ignition gas into the engine

Or the cam belt broke?
        i checked last week took oil filler cap off cam was rotating so can't be that maybe stuck valve? i went down to garage today hook that loose wire up to body earth almost started? but blew glow plug fuse took back off checked glow plug rail and now i have short circute some where rail should eyesolated ye for live feed. any idears maybe do compression test tmw
        Last edited by frankx; 10 November 2011, 23:06.

Comment

your right nev. it's not earth wire

i it still has two wiree connected to it top and bottom looks untouched
          as turns out waited for yoshie having supplied right address second time around thought show up? so i decided to take advice of the other members try'd body earth with mistery wire and it blew glow plugs fuse now have to deal with short circute. glow plugs rack is earthing out when it should be live feed any idears am ben checking all connections today haven't found any as of yet? almost started today i felt bit of releif but dissy app.
          Last edited by frankx; 10 November 2011, 23:02.

Comment

Earth wires are shorting out glow plugs fuse and the glow plugs rack is earthed and should be live?

Hmmmmm,

You say you have a manual connection to the battery. It is the right polarity isn't it?

Just a thought.
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

egr remova;does it have any thing to do with timing

i it still has two wiree connected to it top and bottom looks untouched
              hi nev frank here just wondering one another member quoted reason for not starting possible no cumbusting by removing egr valve does it advance timing or retared it taking into consideration it hooked up to efi ecu? theres no hot wires going EGR?

Comment

The EGR Valve is just a mechanical device, operated by vacuum, switched by a VSV when the throttle is at idle and the engines is at operating temperature and introduces some exhaust gasses to the combustion process.

Disconnecting the EGR will have no effect on timing ECU operation or anything else.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                  The EGR Valve is just a mechanical device, operated by vacuum, switched by a VSV when the throttle is at idle and the engines is at operating temperature and introduces some exhaust gasses to the combustion process.

Disconnecting the EGR will have no effect on timing ECU operation or anything else.

Nev
                  Dammit Nev!
                  Why did you have to answer, this thread will go on for another five pages now.

Comment

think the OP needs some of THIS!!!! this should all your problems out....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                        Genius.....this thread has given me loads of laughs...that hits the mark at the right time...
                        .... Which was nice.

Comment

compression test

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                          Genius.....this thread has given me loads of laughs...that hits the mark at the right time...
                          did compression test today bad news 1.3.4 got good compression nothing out of no.2 try;d few caps oil still noth.. few more took rocker cover off pots are going up en down like the rest one or 2 things pring to mind .bent valve or the can easy start knacered piston rings? come on guy get your fingers out ass . good solid advice no more time waisters i seriously need after all i'ts nice to be nice

Comment

did compression test today bad news 1.3.4 got good compression nothing out of no.2 try;d few caps oil still noth.. few more took rocker cover off pots are going up en down like the rest one or 2 things pring to mind .bent valve or the can easy start knacered piston rings? come on guy get your fingers out ass . good solid advice no more time waisters i seriously need after all i'ts nice to be nice
                            If you're going to be like that, I've got some good solid advice for you.

1. Learn to write.
                            2. Learn some manners.
                            3. Take it to a garage. You are too stupid to fix it.

Comment

i seriously need
                              You sure do.
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                                If you're going to be like that, I've got some good solid advice for you.

1. Learn to write.
                                2. Learn some manners.
                                3. Take it to a garage. You are too stupid to fix it.
                                That's it....now the mrs thinks I have flipped...laughed so hard I had a coughing fit....cheers sancho...

He lives next to a garage....or I think it's what he said. Its difficult to know. I think he was not too sure where he lived at one point.
                                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X