Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
    You sure do.
    Goddammit! This was my response which I abandoned as too cruel. Along with correcting the earlier spelling of retard...

Comment

thats why the country's in state it is today

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnn
      Last edited by frankx; 11 November 2011, 21:16.

Comment

i've read this thread right through again,

so far i have:

been totally confused as to how he broke it,

no idea why he doesn't listen to people,

been unable to understand why the truck hasn't seen a mechanic yet!!!

oh and done a GWH, let a little bit of wee out when i was laughing soooo hard....

but in all seriousness buddy you want to get your truck to a diesel mechanic and bring your first born along for payment....

Comment

Frank, back it up a bit, threats are not acceptable on here. Delete it now please, if I have to do it I'll do more than just delete one post.

Communication? Come on, I've left this alone because most of your posts are unreadable, which may no be your actual fault if you are illiterate, but you also are skipping randomly around doing stuff that has nothing to do with problem, and seeming ignoring advice which relates to your problem.

Its just become a train wreak of a thread.

Start again...

1/ What happened to break the truck originally

2/ What did you then do to it

3/ Now if it still does not work then think...

first, did you fault find the actual fault correctly

if yes, then you've put it together wrong, take it apart and start again

if no, find orginal fault, or it still won't work, and everything else you do is a waste of time.

Find someone to proof read your posts, people started gently poking you about them as a hint, but it got no better. Your only way of communicating on here is via a keyboard, you need to know how to use it!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

no compression no.2 cylinder

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            Frank, back it up a bit, threats are not acceptable on here. Delete it now please, if I have to do it I'll do more than just delete one post.

Communication? Come on, I've left this alone because most of your posts are unreadable, which may no be your actual fault if you are illiterate, but you also are skipping randomly around doing stuff that has nothing to do with problem, and seeming ignoring advice which relates to your problem.

Its just become a train wreak of a thread.

Start again...

1/ What happened to break the truck originally

2/ What did you then do to it

3/ Now if it still does not work then think...

first, did you fault find the actual fault correctly

if yes, then you've put it together wrong, take it apart and start again

if no, find orginal fault, or it still won't work, and everything else you do is a waste of time.

Find someone to proof read your posts, people started gently poking you about them as a hint, but it got no better. Your only way of communicating on here is via a keyboard, you need to know how to use it!
            the situation as of now the reason for not starting no cumbustion hardly any air being sucked into the engine since installed second hand turbo which is in good nick byway no play on bearings and rremoved EGR valve blanked of with plates so did compression test today no1.3.and4 are ok plenty of cumbustion not a peep out of no.2 a know af been trying to start over last few weeks result having overhaul starter do this case but that works fine took rocker cover off and the pots on no.2 are moving just same as rest scenario may be bent valve or the rings ? also checked dip stick for oil reaked easy start hole can wen't into during the process . so either head off ? any suggestions?
            Last edited by frankx; 11 November 2011, 21:40.

Comment

Weigh it in and buy a pushbike.

Comment

Are you sure you blanked the egr and not the exhaust manifold off
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post

Originally posted by frankx View Post
                  the situation as of now the reason for not starting no cumbustion hardly any air being sucked into the engine since installed second hand turbo which is in good nick byway no play on bearings and rremoved EGR valve blanked of with plates so did compression test today no1.3.and4 are ok plenty of cumbustion not a peep out of no.2 a know af been trying to start over last few weeks result having overhaul starter do this case but that works fine took rocker cover off and the pots on no.2 are moving just same as rest scenario may be bent valve or the rings ? also checked dip stick for oil reaked easy start hole can wen't into during the process . so either head off ? any suggestions?
                  What I ment was, what happened orginally to make you change turbo? Did it actually break down and not run, or you just replaced Turbo because it was noisy?

Comment

blanked off

caped off exhaust end same bracket came off choped down version welded up inlet mani same again choped return off made plate which fitted just where old one went into at botton of throttle beleive called venturi have i done it right?

Comment

• turbo

What I ment was, what happened orginally to make you change turbo? Did it actually break down and not run, or you just replaced Turbo because it was noisy?
                      i took off last summer because i'ts wasent working had look at it seem to have 2 mil play in it or more put back on again sometimes it would work when engine heated up on the motor way doing around 70 mph usually at end of long journey? another mechanic explained to me if you dont change the turbo soon whent it goes burn out oil through exhaust engine will blow.siez up

Comment

• blanked off egr

caped off exhaust end same bracket came off choped down version welded up inlet mani same again choped return off made plate which fitted just where old one went into at botton of throttle beleive called venturi have i done it right?

Comment

• OK, so it was running when you took turbo off, swapped turbo now it doesn't run.

There isn't a lot to get wrong just doing turbo, blanking the EGR could have messed up the throttle butterflys if the vacuum hoses are wrong. Can you post a pic off the hoses around the intake manifold.

It can't have just lost compression just like that, especially if it didn't even run on easy start, could someone have dropped something down the intake while working on it?

Maybe there was nothing seriously wrong with the turbo, the lack of compression could have been why it felt like the turbo wasn't 'working' originally.

If you're sure the compression test was done properly you'll probably have to take the head now for a look now anyway, oil down the bore will only prove the rings are worn, it could still have holed a piston or have a bent valve.

If you have a bent valve the valve clearance will be much bigger than all the rest, normally the only way to bend a valve on a running engine is if you drop a washer or nut down the intake or cam belt timing.

Comment

• green turbo light

OK, so it was running when you took turbo off, swapped turbo now it doesn't run.

There isn't a lot to get wrong just doing turbo, blanking the EGR could have messed up the throttle butterflys if the vacuum hoses are wrong. Can you post a pic off the hoses around the intake manifold.

It can't have just lost compression just like that, especially if it didn't even run on easy start, could someone have dropped something down the intake while working on it?

Maybe there was nothing seriously wrong with the turbo, the lack of compression could have been why it felt like the turbo wasn't 'working' originally.

If you're sure the compression test was done properly you'll probably have to take the head now for a look now anyway, oil down the bore will only prove the rings are worn, it could still have holed a piston or have a bent valve.

If you have a bent valve the valve clearance will be much bigger than all the rest, normally the only way to bend a valve on a running engine is if you drop a washer or nut down the intake or cam belt timing.
                            green turbo light always came on when the turbo kicked in always lagging on uphill climb . anyways i dident drope anything down intake mani. while working on it. and car drove not ben started since change over so can't bent valve good news then regards to compression test dident have compression tester just rolled up cloth stuck in turned over and shot out no.2 nothing .if i havent bent valve what about if i just set timing wip came off check under pot?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by frankx; 11 November 2011, 22:41.

Comment

• FFS - even a clueless twonk like me can see that's just plain idiocy !!!

PLEASE stop mucking about and get a professional to look at it before you do some real damage to the engine or yourself !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

• My Set Up

Hi Frank,

My pipe set up appears quite different from yours. I have had it like this for about 3 years now with no drama's at all. Who knows, mine might be wrong as well but it works!! Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable on this forum might concur. Good Luck. Sorry about the poor quality image.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X