No announcement yet.

Intercooler options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope! I've only reversed off the drive yesterday so that we could go shopping in the Clio. (does 60 to the gallon see!)

Goota finish fitting our new bathroom suite today.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Nope! I've only reversed off the drive yesterday so that we could go shopping in the Clio. (does 60 to the gallon see!)

Goota finish fitting our new bathroom suite today.
      Good excuse for nipping out for those couple of extra brackets you need,
      , from a DIY place.

Comment

We'll be taking the dogs out later today so I'll be taking the truck then. Can't get two fully developed Dobermans in the back of a Clio!

Comment

We'll be taking the dogs out later today so I'll be taking the truck then. Can't get two fully developed Dobermans in the back of a Clio!
          leave the misses at home then
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            leave the misses at home then

Comment

Update........

As you know, fitted the bonnet scoop on the weekend in preperation for the intercooler. I fitted it facing forwards but with nothing inside it I.E. the intercooler, the rush of air being sucked up by the scoop was acting against the rad fan and consequently the radiator was not being cooled. The electric fan came on after a reletively short 4 mile journey!
              Anyhoo, I've turned it around now and wow what a difference! Even when stationary and the engine idling, I can feel the hot air blowing out of the scoop (which technically is a vent now!) by the engine fan. Yay!

So to sum up,

Locked viscous fan, + huge vent in the middle of bonnet= happy engine!

Comment

As you know, fitted the bonnet scoop on the weekend in preperation for the intercooler. I fitted it facing forwards but with nothing inside it I.E. the intercooler, the rush of air being sucked up by the scoop was acting against the rad fan and consequently the radiator was not being cooled. The electric fan came on after a reletively short 4 mile journey!
                Anyhoo, I've turned it around now and wow what a difference! Even when stationary and the engine idling, I can feel the hot air blowing out of the scoop (which technically is a vent now!) by the engine fan. Yay!

So to sum up,

Locked viscous fan, + huge vent in the middle of bonnet= happy engine!

Bugger. I'd just managed to stop drooling every time I looked at a bonnet
                vent until you said that. I'm never gonna' resist doing it now.

Comment

Working...
                X