X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internetsurfer
    replied
    i wont use wvo ever again , my tank was full of fat flakes when i took the tank off today and flushed it out , i had about an inch deep of fat deposits in my bucket , wvo had been filtered 4 times through really fine cloth , got loads of fat out of it each time too . basically it ended up clogging the pick up pipe and choked the surf of derv after about 20 miles of doing 70 mph .

i had done almost 2000 miles on wvo mind ya before my troubles started , but dropping the tank off every now and again would be a right pain in the arse if i keep using it .

Leave a comment:

• fatfires
    replied
    Originally posted by stormforce
    you need to filter it first but yes you can after its filtered

take the chips out too!

Leave a comment:

• stormforce
    replied
    Originally posted by paintballer
    hi all , ive already asked this but probably on the wrong thread, but can you simply mix waste veg oil with diesel and use it without modding the fuel system?
    you need to filter it first but yes you can after its filtered

Leave a comment:

• paintballer
    replied
    hi all , ive already asked this but probably on the wrong thread, but can you simply mix waste veg oil with diesel and use it without modding the fuel system?

Leave a comment:

• metalmagpie
    replied
    Bio diesel

It might be worth adding that Custom and excise now de-register you for fuel duty if you produce less than 2,500litres per annum. So you don't pay tax.
    An interesting thought "what is a Producer". I asked C&E if I could subcontract my production to a commercial supplier, From Newcastle the answer was "Yes" however my local supplier asked Liverpool and they said "no" so the answer is a little in the air.
    However would you be a "producer" if you bought veg oil from Tesco at 59p a litre and added a slug of Redex to it (it is quite effective). You have then "produced" a engine fuel from a vegetable oil! Or have you?
    My 2.4 Surf runs well on bio diesel although the supplier says I might have to cut it with diesel in the cold weather (if we ever get any of that).

Leave a comment:

• JUDWAK
    replied
    well i did a few tousand miles on veg oil did nothing to my surf at all
    silk stockings make a very good filter
    cut an old bottle up cut off the top and botton put the stocking over and through the bottle gaffer tape it on rise out with boiling water after use leve to dry
    ran a jcb like that for years

Leave a comment:

• JUDWAK
    replied
    well i did a few tousand miles on veg oil did nothing to my surf at all
    silk stockings make a very good filter
    Last edited by JUDWAK; 30 September 2007, 13:23. Reason: i fluffed up

Leave a comment:

• dirtydog
    replied
    i have not yet needed to change my fuel filter more often running on veg - every 10k kms for the last few years as normal

Leave a comment:

• MadcapMagician
    replied
    Lidl are selling corn oil for 49p per litre.

Leave a comment:

• internetsurfer
    replied
    i filtered 25L of waste veg oil today , pillow case method . got half way through and linen just wont let anymore through , whats the crack there then , i cant be buying pillow cases to do this .

any other kind of linen or filter media work better than others ??

tried 2 pair of old nylon tights with knots in the legs to shorten them. GOOD RESULT .
    Last edited by internetsurfer; 26 August 2007, 10:08.

Leave a comment:

• tintin
    replied
    Cheers Nero, i've got one on order from roughtrax, should be here tomorow with my new rad and bits!
    Thanks for the tip, i'd never have thought of that!
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• nero279
    replied
    buy one now and keep it in the motor, free off the existing one then re fit it so you can change it by hand when it starts running poorly, worked for me anyway, especially if you've got a long trip coming up. Take this into your local factors and they 'll sort you one out http://outgoing.bauchan.org/toyota_s...fo/filters.txt

Leave a comment:

• tintin
    replied
    DONE IT !!!!!!

finally got round to trying it out for myself. Tonight 15ltrs of tesco's veg went in followed closely by 27 ltrs of bp diesel.
    Hopefully this is just the start (especially as im driving up to skegness next week!)
    How soon will i need to change the fuel filter??
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• stormforce
    replied
    Originally posted by amethyst
    It still works out cheaper to buy the 3ltr jugs from tesco / morrisons as for 15ltrs its £8.10
    It all depends on what area you live in aswell as down here the 3l bottles of tesco rapeseed oil is £1.69 for 3l which works out at £8.45 and more
    c rap to get rid of whereas the 15l drum of ktc is £8.20 which works out at £1.64 for 3l so a sving of 5p a litre.Its a case of shopping around and working out what is the best buy

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by stormforce1067
    Tesco Extra down here have lowered the price of their KTC Pure Veg Oil from £8.40 to £8.20 for 15l drum.Keep it going i say.The lower the price the more i'll use it
    It still works out cheaper to buy the 3ltr jugs from tesco / morrisons as for 15ltrs its £8.10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X