X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stormforce
    replied
    Originally posted by nero279
    did i miss something while i was away? Has it now been confirmed that if you use less than 2500l a year you don't need to register or pay duty?

also i remember reading before that some brands of veg oil did meet the 'fiscal definition' of biodiesel and some didn't, would this affect us now or has that been changed aswell? From what i've read we would still have to keep personal records of what we use for 6 years, but then i don't mind doing that if it means it's as simple as going to the cash and carry once a month and stocking up on 60l of veg at a time, and changing the fuel filter every couple of months.

Someone enlighten me!
    I posted a letter which states bio-fuel and fuel substitutes and i have been de-registered now also but you need to keep a record still for 6 years

Leave a comment:

• nero279
    replied
    did i miss something while i was away? Has it now been confirmed that if you use less than 2500l a year you don't need to register or pay duty?

also i remember reading before that some brands of veg oil did meet the 'fiscal definition' of biodiesel and some didn't, would this affect us now or has that been changed aswell? From what i've read we would still have to keep personal records of what we use for 6 years, but then i don't mind doing that if it means it's as simple as going to the cash and carry once a month and stocking up on 60l of veg at a time, and changing the fuel filter every couple of months.

Someone enlighten me!

Leave a comment:

• stormforce
    replied
    Originally posted by tonyppe
    thanks. from what i read on their website i see there will be no rip off tax on anything under 2,500 litres. but everyone is getting different stories.
    I will go by the letter i got and that way i have it in black and white and proof if ever needed

Leave a comment:

• dieselboy
    replied
    Originally posted by stormforce1067
    Have a read of this Tony.I have been de-registered and no longer pay for using veg
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34407
    thanks. from what i read on their website i see there will be no rip off tax on anything under 2,500 litres. but everyone is getting different stories.

Leave a comment:

• mark1316
    replied
    Im gonna call them back today and take a name this time. They told me that there will be no duty to pay if i was making Bio. But if I was using straight veg oil then i would still need to pay duty. He was not very sure but he thought it was now down to 27p per L
    Seems you get different stories depending on who you get on the phone ? lol

Leave a comment:

• stormforce
    replied
    Originally posted by tonyppe
    so do we or dont we pay tax on the veg oil we buy from makro or lidl and use in our trucks? (as from june 30)
    Have a read of this Tony.I have been de-registered and no longer pay for using veg

Leave a comment:

• dieselboy
    replied
    Originally posted by mark1316
    But if you use straight veg oil you still pay the duty. I dont think thats fair. I called them today for clarrifcation . Anyone know what i could add to oil to make it bio lol
    so do we or dont we pay tax on the veg oil we buy from makro or lidl and use in our trucks? (as from june 30)

Leave a comment:

• stormforce
    replied
    Originally posted by mark1316
    But if you use straight veg oil you still pay the duty. I dont think thats fair. I called them today for clarrifcation . Anyone know what i could add to oil to make it bio lol
    Mark you don't pay for bio-fuel or fuel substitutes.Take a look at the custom and excise thread as i have put a copy of the letter up which i got from them

Leave a comment:

• mark1316
    replied
    Originally posted by naphar
    To complete the last couple of threads, the requirement to register and pay tax appears to have been abolished if you produce less than 2500l a year.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/excise-duty/brief4307.htm

More coonversation on it is here:-

Leave a comment:

• naphar
    replied
    To complete the last couple of threads, the requirement to register and pay tax appears to have been abolished if you produce less than 2500l a year.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/excise-duty/brief4307.htm

More coonversation on it is here:-

Leave a comment:

• dieselboy
    replied
    mad.
    how do you make the stuff.

Leave a comment:

• burt SSR-G
    replied
    Interesting proposal from C&E

Hi, as you can see from my postings i'm a newbie to this site as I only got my Surf at the weekend. I was searching the web and came across this:
    http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...yType=document
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but basically C&E find it too expensive to keep up with all the new Bio MANUFACTURERS, that in the Summer they plan to stop charging duty to people manufacturing less than 2500L of fuel.
    Hope this brings a ray of hope to some.

Leave a comment:

• drunkmonkeyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by amethyst
    Hey fellas...

I had a chat with C&E and was informed

"as long as you DONT mix the oil before you put it in the tank then its ok you can add deisel in the tank and you will still pay the lower rate of 27p"

This was when i was asking about the whys and wherefores of waste veg oil.

so you can mix with deisel etc but wait till its in the tank...

Stu
    I am not too sure about this cos how can either party prove it was mixed in the tank?? it seems more likley that they will only give us the lower rate if you just use veg, as they know its gonna be difficult without costing an arm and a leg. I would be very surprised if they would make our lives that easy!!! did you get the name of the person you were talking to so you can tell them who told you that in case they deny it?? I dont trust them when it comes to getting cash out of us!!

Leave a comment:

• Diezel Weazel
    replied
    Originally posted by macbass
    check out this site for more details regarding veg-oil conversions :
    www.bloomingfutures.com

they're a company in Shoreham, Sussex who do this sort of thing - nice people with a lot of up-to-date info.
    Checked it out & lots of useful info ..........
    When I asked for a Quote take a look !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just don't see it Comin !!!!

How much !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 26 April 2007, 00:17.

Leave a comment:

• macbass
    replied
    veg oil conversions

check out this site for more details regarding veg-oil conversions :
    www.bloomingfutures.com

they're a company in Shoreham, Sussex who do this sort of thing - nice people with a lot of up-to-date info.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X