X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tjillard
    replied
    I changed my fuel filter for the first time last weekend. really really easy!!

Just un hook the electric sensor from the loom, un screw the filter. put the sensor on the new filter, with the new seals. refit new filter to car, hook up lead. pump the fuel in using the pump on top till it goes hard. and then start the car.

if your pump doesn't work then fill the filter with diesel before fitting it and it should be fine.

hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Weseastham
    replied
    Does anyone have any links on how to change your fuel filter thingy? I need to get some for when I try VO.

Leave a comment:

• yoshie
    replied
    Originally posted by riverside
    from a previos thread i assumed i could buy up to 2500 ltrs pa of new oil and use it......... not produce up to 2500 ltrs.......... can i just buy and use it?
    Yes mate you can

Last edited by yoshie; 14 November 2007, 20:45.

Leave a comment:

• The Lang-Shankit Scunner
    replied
    Originally posted by joker??
    fellah is just trying to sort out a suitable fuel does he have to skim of the crud on top dont think he had tap on container
    Usually crud collects top and bottom, again depends on where oil came from, but get rid of as much as you can, even then 2 days later it will be seperated again

Leave a comment:

• joker??
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
    I used to use a drill pump and a hose pipe, dark oil is what you want, lighter stuff is fatty, sorry if you already knew that.
    just buy mine from tescos so dont know about filtering etc or what part to use ,i usepump on drill cheers for info

Leave a comment:

• joker??
    replied
    Originally posted by MattF
    Wsa there a tap on the container? If not, probably has a pump/siphon for the job.
    fellah is just trying to sort out a suitable fuel does he have to skim of the crud on top dont think he had tap on container

Leave a comment:

• The Lang-Shankit Scunner
    replied
    Originally posted by MattF
    Wsa there a tap on the container? If not, probably has a pump/siphon for the job.
    I used to use a drill pump and a hose pipe, dark oil is what you want, lighter stuff is fatty, sorry if you already knew that.

Leave a comment:

• MattF
    replied
    Originally posted by joker??
    see a fellah with some veg oil today hes filtered it then as let it settle dark brown @ light brown how does he seperate the two ?? tia

Leave a comment:

• joker??
    replied
    see a fellah with some veg oil today hes filtered it then as let it settle dark brown @ light brown how does he seperate the two ?? tia

Leave a comment:

• dieselboy
    replied
    wouldnt it be good if they made cheque books on that paper?

Leave a comment:

• That Ruddy Squirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by plumb bob
    I kept the till reciepts from tesco's but because they are on the old fax type thermal paper, they are now all blank, what do I do about that??
    I have a scanner, I scan them then print off the image

Leave a comment:

• dieselboy
    replied
    Originally posted by MTBBILLY
    Disconnect speedo yol

Fit a cateye mitty 8 cycle computer.
    do you always talk in riddles or is it just because im under the influence? lol

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    All sounds like a load of faff to me.

Go Lexus V8 petrol, twice the power and more MPG!

Leave a comment:

• MattF
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
    As I read it, you have to keep a record of your usage, not receipts.
    Receipts will only prove you DID buy the oil, not that you DIDN'T, which is more the case at issue here.
    I keep a record of all the fuel I put in my truck, and note when it is veg and when Derv.

Plus, the mileage is recorded on the MOT, so that should be a valid usage chart. If you do less than X amount of miles per year, you obviously can only use so much.

Leave a comment:

• MattF
    replied
    Originally posted by riverside
    from a previos thread i assumed i could buy up to 2500 ltrs pa of new oil and use it......... not produce up to 2500 ltrs.......... can i just buy and use it?
    Either. Production and use of biodiesel or use of VO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X