Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by nos4ra2 View Post
      That's like saying a steam engine with 1kw output is going to use the same amount of energy to produce that 1kw as a diesel engine.
      Oh dear...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Oh very dear.
        Einstein was wrong all the time. And as for that bsatard Newton...i knew he was lying.
        And that fecker Boyle and his gas laws...on drugs i tell you. But im really surprised at the sun. The energy mass equivalence has been wrong all these 5 billion years...bummer man!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Who said energy can neither be created or destroyed - lying b*stard
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Ok,I'll be really pedantic then, seeing as I seem to have come across some proper pedants.

The Kw rating of the cooling system has nothing to do with how much energy it takes to run the cooling system. It's purely a measure of how much heat it transfers from the cooling system to the air. It's a simple thermodynamic calculation.

Comment

Ok,I'll be really pedantic then, seeing as I seem to have come across some proper pedants.

The Kw rating of the cooling system has nothing to do with how much energy it takes to run the cooling system. It's purely a measure of how much heat it transfers from the cooling system to the air. It's a simple thermodynamic calculation.
              and that simple thermodynamic calc is...?
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                Available at your local 99p shop gra...
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Irrelevant seeing as I was talking about energy wastage running a fan.

Yawn...
                  Last edited by nos4ra2; 8 April 2011, 22:30.

Comment

Well i'll spell it out for you then. It takes X time divided by Y energy to "run" the cooling system. This only up to a point will be nill. Its not a seperate engine, but an energy mass equivalence.When up to temperature, the "run" rating of heat should be nil-
                    There is no net gain in energy transfer, nor any net loss, due to energy transfer. . The mechanical devices used to cool the engine, will require energy to run them.

Irrelevant seeing as I was talking about energy wastage running a fan.

Yawn...
                    Im so sorry your bored. The first line of defence, always appears to be somewhere between indifference and abuse. Im right about this, your wrong.

love Graham.
                    Bsc hons 2:1 physics with combinitorial maths.

yawn.

coq
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Comment

ok .... you lost me just after "Well i'll spell it out for you then."
                        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Well i'll spell it out for you then. It takes X time divided by Y energy to "run" the cooling system. This only up to a point will be nill. Its not a seperate engine, but an energy mass equivalence.When up to temperature, the "run" rating of heat should be nil-
                          There is no net gain in energy transfer, nor any net loss, due to energy transfer. . The mechanical devices used to cool the engine, will require energy to run them.

Im so sorry your bored. The first line of defence, always appears to be somewhere between indifference and abuse. Im right about this, your wrong.

love Graham.
                          Bsc hons 2:1 physics with combinitorial maths.

yawn.

coq
                          And I already knew all that. From the start, I've been talking about inefficiencies in energy usage of the mechanical devices used to cool the engine.

A simple task.

Go outside, lift your bonnet and look at your viscous fan. Look at it really hard. Watch how fast it's not turning.

Now start your engine. Funny, the stat hasn't opened, but the fan is turning and is shifting air-and continues to do so when it's not needed.

Now try the same with a thermostatically controlled electric fan. Watch how it's not turning when it doesn't need to.

I think the phrase 'both right, but different topics' would be closer.
                          Last edited by nos4ra2; 8 April 2011, 23:24. Reason: syntax

Comment

I don't have a viscous fan, and you are not making any sense at all.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I don't have a viscous fan and you are not making any sense at all.
                              Then read the origin of what I said properly
                              I'm thinking an electric fan next just because I don't like viscous fans and the extra power would be handy for towing.
                              which in essence is that viscous fans are inefficient because they are permanently turning (albeit not at full speed) when they don't need to be-hence wanting to do an electric fan conversion.

I suspect some wires are crossed here-or more likely I didn't explain well enough and Albannach got the wrong end of the stick and had a rant.
                              Last edited by nos4ra2; 8 April 2011, 23:55.

Comment

I suspect some wires are crossed here-or more likely I didn't explain well enough and Albannach got the wrong end of the stick and had a rant.
                                That wasn't a rant, I was pointing out your stupidity.
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X