More M.P.G :) .... any more out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    Well i'll spell it out for you then. It takes X time divided by Y energy to "run" the cooling system. This only up to a point will be nill. Its not a seperate engine, but an energy mass equivalence.When up to temperature, the "run" rating of heat should be nil-
    There is no net gain in energy transfer, nor any net loss, due to energy transfer. . The mechanical devices used to cool the engine, will require energy to run them.

Im so sorry your bored. The first line of defence, always appears to be somewhere between indifference and abuse. Im right about this, your wrong.

love Graham.
    Bsc hons 2:1 physics with combinitorial maths.

yawn.

coq
    Que? X divided by Y will be nil? Only if X is nil me old cobber.

love Maths pedant.
    MEng Cantab however slightly Riojaed

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      That wasn't a rant, I was pointing out your stupidity.
      Go on then, explain again...

Comment

On a slightly different approach.

Every thread I've read where someone with a diesel has removed their viscous fan and replaced it with electric, has, subsequentially replaced the electric fan with their old viscous due to temperature problems.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          On a slightly different approach.

Every thread I've read where someone with a diesel has removed their viscous fan and replaced it with electric, has, subsequentially replaced the electric fan with their old viscous due to temperature problems.
          That's worth knowing. I think more investigation is warranted before I make my mind up on it then.

Comment

what has all this Xand Y bollox got to do wi owt at the end of the day what counts is what comes out of your pocket when u go to the petrol station . if you want economy walk if you want a surf because you chose to buy one and lets face it when you bought it you all knew it wasn't a 50mpg motor deal with it or sell it and buy a Pruis , i got a 4.4 V8 but i don't complain about the petrol i put in itbecause it was my choice oh and if anyone is that P**sed off about the fuel consumption that they want to sell their surf gi me a bell .

Comment

Originally posted by ushthetaff View Post
              what has all this Xand Y bollox got to do wi owt at the end of the day what counts is what comes out of your pocket when u go to the petrol station . if you want economy walk if you want a surf because you chose to buy one and lets face it when you bought it you all knew it wasn't a 50mpg motor deal with it or sell it and buy a Pruis , i got a 4.4 V8 but i don't complain about the petrol i put in itbecause it was my choice oh and if anyone is that P**sed off about the fuel consumption that they want to sell their surf gi me a bell .
              Yeah,
              I have genital warts, but you don't hear me complaining!
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by nos4ra2 View Post
                I suspect some wires are crossed here-or more likely I didn't explain well enough and Albannach got the wrong end of the stick and had a rant.
                That's what he does, just ignore it seems to works for the rest of us.
                Brian

Comment

Awesome thread....and lecture......and I get 21mpg out of mine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Plug View Post
                    Awesome thread....and lecture......and I get 21mpg out of mine.....
                    and I have a viscous fan.............

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Plug View Post
                      and I have a viscous fan.............
                      Pathetic.
                      I have just finished fitting a KERS system to my surf.
                      It takes all of the stored energy from my wife rabbiting next to me and feeds a bank of triple A duracells fitted in the cup holder.
                      I can unleash an extra 60Kw for overtaking/jumping red lights etc at the push of the red button. (not Jensen)

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by ushthetaff View Post
                        Whats wrong with someone asking if they save a little money? Bullbars, M/T tyres, roof bars all make a huge difference to MPG, people might not realise this.

A stock truck on road bias tyre with no extras will get very noticable better MPG to a truck with bull bars, wind deflectors, roofbars/box, lift, big tyres etc.....

No one's expecting a 50mpg truck, but the difference between eeking out 28mpg instead of getting sub 20's could be the difference to being able to keep the truck or get rid of it.

Calm down, and keep feeding the V8 if it makes you happy.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          That's what he does, just ignore it seems to works for the rest of us.
                          Yeah, I'm beginning to figure out who to ignore

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            Pre facelift 2.4's and most 3rd Gens only have one battery, but its bigger. One of the pair you have won't be ideal, you need one bigger one.

(Rich, EVERY 3.0 and 2.4 EFI 2nd Gen has two batteries, cold weather spec or not)
                            just to awkward tony my 3rd gen has 2
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              Whats wrong with someone asking if they save a little money? Bullbars, M/T tyres, roof bars all make a huge difference to MPG, people might not realise this.

A stock truck on road bias tyre with no extras will get very noticable better MPG to a truck with bull bars, wind deflectors, roofbars/box, lift, big tyres etc.....

No one's expecting a 50mpg truck, but the difference between eeking out 28mpg instead of getting sub 20's could be the difference to being able to keep the truck or get rid of it.

Calm down, and keep feeding the V8 if it makes you happy.
                              lol tony still the diplomat eh ?/
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                                just to awkward tony my 3rd gen has 2
                                I said 'most' you troublemaker!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X