dose any one want to put a v8 in for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    If you have to make profit from this, how about teaching me to hang doors if you aint doing that any more?

I have three internal ones to fit and if there's one thing I feckin hate doing (cos I'm shit at it basically) its hanging doors.

Tips or links to a good 'how to' tricks of the trade site would be most welcome!
    Plane/cut door to opening, leaving 2mm gap all round. and enough to go over floor covering. Slightly Chamfer the 2 sides to stop it binding on the frame when closing.
    Set hinges at about 8 inches from top and 10 from bottom - reduces the optical illusion of bottom hinge looking like its lower than it is.
    cut around hinge with stanley knife to create recess and cut out with chisel.
    screw hinges to door.
    offer door up, mark hinge locations. take one off and mark up frame, using stanley again. depth of hinge hole should be same as the hinge.
    screw door up to frame. and hopefully it will shut, if not, fettle the hinge holes BEFORE planing anymore off the door!!!
    Fit door furniture. Remove door furniture, remove door and hinges, seal and paint/varnish door and frame. refit everything.

Simples.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Yep you're right, it's been a non profit learning curve up 'till now, but
      it's going to have to earn me a living now, I've got new equipment to pay for!

I've updated the list now by the way..........
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....15&postcount=1
      just seen the new prie any way i can get that down by about a grand i can most of the stuff my self even the donner car ( will a Soarer v8 do ) and any 1 no what my engine is worth
      http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Originally posted by lukenemma View Post
        and any 1 no what my engine is worth

Pretty much feck all ...

UNLESS you've got the skills/space/time to strip it down and flog it as spares

The logic behind this is pretty much obvious - who in their right mind would replace a knackered 2.4 lump with another one of dubious provenance ?

Obviously you know that your 2.4 is in pristine condition but the majority of potential buyers don't know you or your engine from Adam !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

just seen the new prie any way i can get that down by about a grand i can most of the stuff my self even the donner car ( will a Soarer v8 do ) and any 1 no what my engine is worth
          £3500 for parts and a shit load of labour is Verry cheap. If money is an issue then do it yourself if you cant do it yourself and dont have the money then it docent get done. That's life. Why try to haggle on a very cheap price ? It's not a 20 minute job, or a 1 day job. Or even a 1 week job.
          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

I sold my 2.4 engine for £200. I got £80 for the auto 'box.
            I think Hiroler sold his 2.4 for £220.

Comment

Yep you're right, it's been a non profit learning curve up 'till now, but
              it's going to have to earn me a living now, I've got new equipment to pay for!

I've updated the list now by the way..........
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....15&postcount=1

al tho i fully greatfull that you agreed to do my surf
              there no way your doing it for nothing man
              your worth paying dude learning or not you are (if i may say it this way)
              mother fekin tip top dude
              try what ya want with mine dude just email me at some piont and let me know what you need and want
              the lexurf list i know about
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                al tho i fully greatfull that you agreed to do my surf
                there no way your doing it for nothing man
                your worth paying dude learning or not you are (if i may say it this way)
                mother fekin tip top dude
                try what ya want with mine dude just email me at some piont and let me know what you need and want
                the lexurf list i know about

First on your list should be

http://www.springfields.co.uk/campin...ories/?id=4081
                Brian

Comment

right 1st off aint got the funds yet but dose any one want to fit a lexus v8 in my surf i'll get the donner car and they can keep all thats left over and my engines only done 17000kph last owner had in fit and got all the papers need to know how much i need to save
                  Yer surf engine is probably worth keeping if it does 17000kph. Not sure the V8 will do this, you might be dissapointed.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvxK...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                      theres money under ya feet
                      i wish i live down your way
                      all ya have to do is read alot and go out and get it
                      what u mean

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                        what u mean
                        geology
                        its all out there
                        its on the coast line
                        iam not saying nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                          £3500 for parts and a shit load of labour is Verry cheap. If money is an issue then do it yourself if you cant do it yourself and dont have the money then it docent get done. That's life. Why try to haggle on a very cheap price ? It's not a 20 minute job, or a 1 day job. Or even a 1 week job.
                          Or he could fit it all himself and I'll come and wire it up and get it running for £500 plus expenses.

Comment

I have to admire the "can you do it for a grand less"...sure...in fact here's a monkey to let me do it!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Or he could fit it all himself and I'll come and wire it up and get it running for £500 plus expenses.
                              maybe but aint got anywhere to do it right now or could you do it for 3k if i supply the doner car if so then can you do it next winter ? you can keep whats left of the donner car
                              http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

maybe but aint got anywhere to do it right now or could you do it for 3k if i supply the doner car if so then can you do it next winter ? you can keep whats left of the donner car

Do you know if the donor car runs OK? Whats the milage? Any history?

You could end up spending a couple of hundred quid on new parts just to get it running right.

Soarer V8s will need a bit of extra work anyway as the sumps are a different shape and will touch the front diff in a Surf.

Comment

Working...
                                X