Heater control Wanted list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
    ian could you do mine like your control unit please if it's a lot of hassle don't worry i'll let you decide on the best looking version of the heater control and opt for that
    cheers
    tony
    No problem Tony, you can have any colours you want, even colour changeing leds
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

• do you have a guide on how to do it?

id like to give it a whirl and see where i get...
      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

• Originally posted by che2318 View Post
        do you have a guide on how to do it?

id like to give it a whirl and see where i get...
        Certainly! i did do a write-up when i did mine but i used a load of colours, i'll sort out summat with pic when i get time, best bet is get a spare and do that,

Comment

• Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          No problem Tony, you can have any colours you want, even colour changeing leds
          i think i'll leave the colour changing ones ian thanks i have enough hassle concentrating on driving with the missis and kids giving it what for
          like i say mate whatever looks the best please
          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yup you can do the master switch, in fact i've done most of the dash switches, did'nt even know a lot of these switches had lights in till one very dark night sitting in a car park

the heater will have two wires comeing out, i'm not sure of the pin-out on the main plug and i'm buggered if i'm stripping mine down to find out, or i'd connect to the inside pins and it'd be a stright plug in, as it is two wires will come out from the case, i'll mark them for you guys , prob orange and black, orange to the dash/side lights scource, prob the fag lighter's the nearest, and the black to chassi./negative
            Hi,
            You've got me looking at all my switches now, thanks! As if I didn't have enough to do on my Surf!
            Can't say I noticed lights in some of them either. I guess the easiest way to replace the ones with bulbs in, would be to replace the bulb with a modified led using the same bulb holder?
            Also, a while back, I looked at putting individual leds into the drivers switch module, i.e. for the window switches etc. What do you think Ian?

Tony

Comment

• These are some of the switches i did, some have replaceable bulbs like the heater one's, some have built in leds, and some nowt at all, the door master switch has leds soldered onto three small pcb's, cant remember which switches have what as it was over 3 years ago i did em, as i remember the hazzard switch has an led and a bulb, all the original lights are pi$$ poor tho,
              again it's prob baet to "aquire" some spares to work on, some switches come apart easy and some are right bstds,
              Attached Files

Comment

• hi ian could you get some pics for me of the centre air vent conversion? at the minute i have a 10x4" screen sat in front of the vents for the reversing camera but i wouldn't mind moving my pillar mounted gauges into the centre and finding another place for the screen. at the minute the screen obscures the heater control to a certain extent which i wouldn't mind rectifying for when i fit the new heater control then i'm thinking of the switches now as well but i'll have to get spare one's before i play with them.
                did the leds you used in your switches have the resistor for the voltage drop built in or have you used it further down on the power feed? as it is i'm wondering because of the space in the switch
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Popeye

How long did it take to do the Instrument's they look rather nice as well!! Have always liked the colours you have done.
                  Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

These are some of the switches i did, some have replaceable bulbs like the heater one's, some have built in leds, and some nowt at all, the door master switch has leds soldered onto three small pcb's, cant remember which switches have what as it was over 3 years ago i did em, as i remember the hazzard switch has an led and a bulb, all the original lights are pi$$ poor tho,
                    again it's prob baet to "aquire" some spares to work on, some switches come apart easy and some are right bstds,
                    that dash looks ace like that mate,good job

Comment

• Cheer's Darren, aye! it took a while, definatly wouldn't do the instruments again, there must be 200 leds in there, i'd fit the indiglo white dials next time, much easier and look good
                      Tony, i just cut away the plastic around the center vents and cup holder (never used em) and made this panel to take all the soptlight switches and 3 gauges, if ya do this you'll need to block off the air trunking to the vents, i used a bit of plastic and tape,

the switches, the ones that already have an leds in wont need an extra resistor, they have one on the small pcb's, off hant it think it's only the ECT and rear demist switch that have led's (may be wrong, it's been over 3 years), grab some spares and see!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by greeley View Post
                        that dash looks ace like that mate,good job
                        Ta ever so

Comment

• Hi Ian
                          'definatly wouldn't do the instruments again, there must be 200 leds in there, i'd fit the indiglo white dials next time, much easier and look good'
                          I had a Astra Coupe with the White Dials and although they look nice in the day they are boring at night which is why I like the multi Coloured one you have done. But if its that bad then think the White Dial's will be the way to go.
                          Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

• How many switches have you got in there!?! What are they all for? Does your surf turn into an aircraft?

Comment

• Oh that's not even an ickle lickle percentage of what's on popeyes surf...it's an absolute marvel.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• The Dog's Doo Dahs!

Popye (Ian)

Converted Heater Module arrived safe & sound this morning.
                                Have checked it all out & all is 'A OK'.
                                Just had to say a big thank you for doing this. It really is the Mut's Nuts!
                                Perfectly clear even in broad daylight! Super job mate & I'm well chuffed!

Will talk to you soon about all my other switches, once the other members have had their heater modules done.

Regards
                                Tony
                                Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 5 November 2010, 00:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X