No announcement yet.

DEFRA restriction zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the bad press and PR about 4x4s and all the tree huggers out there trying to stop every car from driving everywhere - it takes ONE person breaking the law to stop EVERY person there after. I get it that you have no respect for anyone or anything (your wife must have the patience of a saint) and I empathise with you that things that happened in the past to you are the reason you use to justify your argumentative approach to everyone and everything, but move on - deal with it, and at least try and see things from the perspective of other people.

We really enjoy being able to drive the open, legal lanes, which are few and far between these days - and all it takes is for you to be in a bad mood, just ignore the law and get caught by the police/council/anti 4x4 bunch and then that's it - all the lanes in your area get closed, all the other people who abide by the law, whether they agree to them or otherwise, lose out!

Be as selfish as you like at home, but when your actions directly affect the freedom of other people, could you at least stop to think about those other people, and how they would react, en-masse, to you knowing it was your actions that stopped them from being able to participate in something that interests them......

I'm all for freedom of speech and freedom of choice, but I have respect for people around me, on this forum and all over the place, and make sure that I don't do things that would jeapordise them - i.e. driving lanes that are closed, ignoring byway signs and local laws...I get what you said that you will drive the lanes open to you - just make sure you do it within the law - and within the guidelines for laning set out by GLASS.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MTBBILLY
      I have never broken the law in regards to laneing by 4x4 but my attitude towards the government stays the same.
      In regards to my life it is past and done if you knew me personally you would realise it is people like me that provide people like you mudsurf with just the entertainment you require to completly fill the small space between the matter you call ears(which seem a little bunged up)
      There are no restrictions where I live so drive on i shall and be a good boy off road i am too!

Good to hear it - see what I did there, a hearing joke, for my bunged up ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        Just started reading this and the plain is still open .But anything north of here is a no go.........bummer . I hope this doesnot last too long or i will not even bother donig a xmas run cos by then the plain will be restricted to mod use only

Make love not war, then the plains will be ours!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Make love not war, then the plains will be ours!
          Maybe we should all get some of that new tank camo technology, then the MOD will think it's a training exercise, the council won't see us - hang on, we won't see each other, it could be carnage!!!

Comment

From what i have read, the F&M restrictions have been lifted, the bluetongue restrictions are still in place as far as livestock and farming movements are concerned.

There appears to be no direct legal restrictions or advice aimed at recreational lane users with regards to bluetongue.

GLASS don't appear to have issued any national advice regarding bluetongue either, and i have had no response to my email to my local GLASS rep.

I still maintain it would be prudent to carefully consider the routes you use while bluetongue is still around, it still appears to be spreading and a case was detected in spain only yesterday, (the first case in mainland europe?). We know as do people in the know that bluetongue cannot be transmitted by vehicular movement which is probably why no organisations seem to have issued advice to us.

As long as you check and obey any TROs etc stick to the byways, avoid the immediate areas of any farms known to be affected. Avoid confrontation and lanes known locally to be popular with the antis, it's basically common sense as it always is with laning.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Buy your self an ex mobster lame rover mudsurf........it would suit you and if you had an ounce of brain you could lane all day
              hey billy what is with the bad attitude ???
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I might get one of those then Billy, then next time in the South West of England, I'll pick you up, and you can show me all the local lanes - we could make a day of it - have a picnic, should be a laugh!

Comment

What an amazing coincidence - I've got one of those too - no hang on, I've got two of those - hey, anyone else on here got a Surf????

Comment

now who is being GAY

Hahahahaha - guilty as charged, and loving every minute of it....

Comment

Working...
                    X