DEFRA restriction zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got you sussed already Rod

I think there's still F&M restrictions in place in certain areas, and i believe lanes in the F&M surveillance lane may be officially closed. I think this affects only a small area of surrey and hampshire.

Blutongue is slightly different, and at the moment the situation as far as official lane closures goes seems unclear.

Whilst Bluetongue is a viral disease and therefore cannot be transported on vehicle tyres and so on, it will still be 4x4s that get the blame for it spreading if the press or antis get news that a group have been spotted near the next outbreak.

Legally i believe the lanes in the bluetongue zones are still open, but until we are given definitive guidance one way or the other from either DEFRA or GLASS or any other body anyone may care to contact, i would advise against it.

I have emailed GLASS and will post their response as soon as i have it.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
      u sayin im the only gay in village?pmsl
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

Whilst Bluetongue is a viral disease and therefore cannot be transported on vehicle tyres and so on, it will still be 4x4s that get the blame for it spreading if the press or antis get news that a group have been spotted near the next outbreak.
        I did hear today that flies are a major transmission medium for bluetongue, which, if true means we can lane as we were doing before, but we're f*cked anyway if we own barbies and / or like a sunday roast because flies dont listen to govt directives.

Disclaimer - its probably still not a good idea to go laning in iffy areas as the tree huggers will STILL blame us for the spread of bluetongue, inconsistent cycles of the moon, sunspots and wars in third world countries

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Disclaimer - its probably still not a good idea to go laning in iffy areas as the tree huggers will STILL blame us for the spread of bluetongue, inconsistent cycles of the moon, sunspots and wars in third world countries
          Now somethin along those lines would make an excellent bumper sticker, one of those ones you squint to try and read when u pull up behind a car with it at traffic lights or somethin.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Now somethin along those lines would make an excellent bumper sticker, one of those ones you squint to try and read when u pull up behind a car with it at traffic lights or somethin.

That would be cool! On that Ebay USA site you posted a while back they had a sticker that said "Just outside, DESTROYING nature" Personally i liked that.... but i wouldnt want someone to attack my truck because of it..

If we all had stickers saying "Keep Britain Farming" I doubt we'd get much cr*p. Us using veg oil is giving farmers a crop they can actually make decent money on!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Us using veg oil is giving farmers a crop they can actually make decent money on!!
              Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes you talk complete b0ll0cks - you must be a student!!

Comment

Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes you talk complete b0ll0cks - you must be a student!!

Oi! what bo**ucks

An im not a student, Student aged.... But not a student Im a plumber

Comment

gonna get for this, but there's a good one on... dare i say it... i shouldn't ... i'm gonna have to ... the disco owners club ... bugger ... said it, site

clickyclicky
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

is that when he's talking sense or bollox? i never could work it out, even when i was a student.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

gonna get for this, but there's a good one on... dare i say it... i shouldn't ... i'm gonna have to ... the disco owners club ... bugger ... said it, site

clickyclicky

What were you doing there???

I had a disco for about a month, Good on fuel, good on the motorway... Ugly as hell!! Poor visibily. Not a toyota!

Comment

Oi! what bo**ucks

An im not a student, Student aged.... But not a student Im a plumber
                        Plumbing student - see I was right!

Comment

What were you doing there???

I had a disco for about a month, Good on fuel, good on the motorway... Ugly as hell!! Poor visibily. Not a toyota!
                          never been in one on the road, but they just make horrible noises offroad, look butt ugly, break down regularly, and are forever embarassing themselves at woodlands.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

never been in one on the road, but they just make horrible noises offroad, look butt ugly, break down regularly, and are forever embarassing themselves at woodlands.

On the Road....it bowed into the bends like it was going to tip, felt sturdy, More leg room for passengers. Good seats. Pi$$ poor boot!! Useless.

But either way, In my surf i feel 100% i feel happy about being in it. The newness of driving has worn off now, Its the fact im drivin my surf thats exciting!

Comment

We had 2 discos where I used to work. A V8 and a 2.5TDi

Good tall boot though, taller than a Surf.

Good driving position.

Lots of power in the V8

Agree about the scary handling, but then, its an offroader innit?

Oh, and they eat gearboxes.

Comment

Big boot is fine in the five seater, if you got 7 seats in it they eat well into the boot. I actually think the surf boot is more practical, it's certainly easier to load and unload so everything doesn't fall out when you open it.

I couldn't believe a disco didn't make this though, i had to reverse out so he could back up and take a different route out of the hole. Later in the day i did it in 2wd, and also with the bumper trim balanced on the bonnet.

It's not even like it's a difficult climb out, getting into the hole in the first place was harder. Where this 90's coming out at 2:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bLz2dmQm08
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X