CB arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB arrived

Ok folks, posted this here coz it's not really technical enough for the electrical section, so here goes.

What's the best place to wire the cb into, direct from the battery,for permanent power and using the on/off on the set ( it has an in-line fuse fitted), or to the radio feed and have it go off with the ignition ( which may be slightly inconvenient on the odd occasion.

So what do you reckon??
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Ok folks, posted this here coz it's not really technical enough for the electrical section, so here goes.

What's the best place to wire the cb into, direct from the battery,for permanent power and using the on/off on the set ( it has an in-line fuse fitted), or to the radio feed and have it go off with the ignition ( which may be slightly inconvenient on the odd occasion.

So what do you reckon??
    i just got wires direct from the battery and its working ok so far
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
      i just got wires direct from the battery and its working ok so far

As above, but fit the fuse as close to the battery as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        As above, but fit the fuse as close to the battery as possible.

Any particular reason??
        Rob

Comment

i put a plug that plugs into the fag lighter so that it is easy to take out if i want to.
          cheers shaun
          NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Any particular reason??
            then the fuse protects the wiring aswell as the set, if the wires get shorted out or chafed the fuse blows.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
              then the fuse protects the wiring aswell as the set, if the wires get shorted out or chafed the fuse blows.

Makes sense, why didn't I think of that?
              Rob

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
                i put a plug that plugs into the fag lighter so that it is easy to take out if i want to.
                cheers shaun

I've got a "din" thingy to mount it in, so when it's in, it's in.

I've got no need of it other than in the surf, although you never know, I might get back into it........................nah
                Rob

Comment

I quite fancy a CB myself. Have you got a removable antenna?

Comment

I've got a "din" thingy to mount it in, so when it's in, it's in.

I've got no need of it other than in the surf, although you never know, I might get back into it........................nah

you can always get a slider plate if you dont want to fix cb properlyleast then you just slide cb on it n away you go have a look at www.4x4cb.com or www.thunderpole.co.uk

Comment

M35A2.....Yes, the antenna is on a mag mount, so I can stick it square in the middle of the roof, for best ground plain, decided against the bullbar mount on safety grounds.

Pirate-storm..... yeah, I looked at slide mounts, but it would mean mounting it on the gearbox tunnel or under the glovebox, whereas if I put it under the radio,only the front panel will show........nice and neat.
                      Rob

Comment

M35A2.....Yes, the antenna is on a mag mount, so I can stick it square in the middle of the roof, for best ground plain, decided against the bullbar mount on safety grounds.

Pirate-storm..... yeah, I looked at slide mounts, but it would mean mounting it on the gearbox tunnel or under the glovebox, whereas if I put it under the radio,only the front panel will show........nice and neat.

yeah m8 only a idea thats where i will be putting mine when i can also

Comment

The unit is smaller than I thought,(and smaller than it looked in the picture)it's actually smaller than a standard cd/radio.

http://www.4x4cb.com/public/item.cfm?itemID=620
                          Rob

Comment

The unit is smaller than I thought,(and smaller than it looked in the picture)it's actually smaller than a standard cd/radio.

http://www.4x4cb.com/public/item.cfm?itemID=620
                            have a look at those sites i posted m8 they do a face plate so you wont see any space they might have different sizes

Comment

a lot of cbs are, i know some have removed the ashtray and fitted there's in there, mines under the stereo but might well get moved to above so i can see the display better. You can eithr buy a din surround or just leave a gap.
                              you can just see it in the bottom of this pic
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X