CB arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob
    M35A2.....Yes, the antenna is on a mag mount, so I can stick it square in the middle of the roof, for best ground plain, decided against the bullbar mount on safety grounds.

Pirate-storm..... yeah, I looked at slide mounts, but it would mean mounting it on the gearbox tunnel or under the glovebox, whereas if I put it under the radio,only the front panel will show........nice and neat.

Mind if i ask what the safety grounds are mate? Im looking at getting a cb sometime in the future and my tjm has a plate on it for a cb radio antenna.
    Was planning on fitting it there......

Comment

Ooh, get you with yer blue backlighting!

Comment

Damn, that radio's big, hehe, mine will (hopefully ) fit i the din mount, and I'll have to see if it's better below or above the radio, but to be honest I hate faffing about with cars, so once it's fitted, it'll probably stay put.

I haven't had a cb since they were first legalised in 1981, when there were a lot of *rseholes on it, and when the kids came home from school, there was so much background noise ( skip?) you were lucky to get a 3 mile range, and there was always someone nearby with 100 watt boots that would bleed over all 40 channels.

The guy I spoke to at the "e-shop" said it is pretty quiet out there now, and of course the latest ones have 40 fm and 40 am channels, plus all the european channels for poland, france etc,etc, so you could use thse aswell ( although it is illegal)

Do we still need a license? and if so how much is it?
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

have a look here there is 2 on this page for you to look at

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb_accessories_misc.htm

n no no license anymore

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            Mind if i ask what the safety grounds are mate? Im looking at getting a cb sometime in the future and my tjm has a plate on it for a cb radio antenna.
            Was planning on fitting it there......
            The antenna I got is a 5 foot steel whip, so if you stop suddenly at a zebra crossing, the whip would probably hit the pedestrians.

Don't laugh, the cb shop guy said that it did happen to a marshal at an off road comp once, hehehe.
            Rob

Comment

The antenna I got is a 5 foot steel whip, so if you stop suddenly at a zebra crossing, the whip would probably hit the pedestrians.

Don't laugh, the cb shop guy said that it did happen to a marshal at an off road comp once, hehehe.

You know, That never once occured to me!! Good point mate!

Comment

the latest ones have 40 fm and 40 am channels, plus all the european channels for poland, france etc,etc, so you could use thse aswell ( although it is illegal)
                its only illegal if you use them in the uk the perpose is that you dont need other cb's if you go to those countrys but you will still need the license for that country here we dont need 1 anymore i have one of those radios n they fine. i use silver mega watt ariel on a mag mount but if off roading its better to have a smaller ariel

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                  the latest ones have 40 fm and 40 am channels, plus all the european channels for poland, france etc,etc, so you could use thse aswell ( although it is illegal)
                  its only illegal if you use them in the uk the perpose is that you dont need other cb's if you go to those countrys but you will still need the license for that country here we dont need 1 anymore i have one of those radios n they fine. i use silver mega watt ariel on a mag mount but if off roading its better to have a smaller ariel

Yeah, mine is the multi channel euro thingy, but I guess if a bunch of you had those rigs, and wanted a private conversation you could switch to polish channels for some peace.

I got the 5' ariel to improve tx/rx whilst in Wales, as the smaller one may have a limited reception in the hills, and the convoy could get spread out over a few miles.
                  Rob

Comment

Yep, happend to me remember? A Bedford van aerial whipped me between the legs, the doctor said it was the worse case of 'van-aerial' disease he had ever seen!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Yep, happend to me remember? A Bedford van aerial whipped me between the legs, the doctor said it was the worse case of 'van-aerial' disease he had ever seen!

Comment

Yeah, mine is the multi channel euro thingy, but I guess if a bunch of you had those rigs, and wanted a private conversation you could switch to polish channels for some peace.

I got the 5' ariel to improve tx/rx whilst in Wales, as the smaller one may have a limited reception in the hills, and the convoy could get spread out over a few miles.
                        you will be safe there as pirate-storm aint going so won't be able to get caught behind any l/rovers.Plus there ain't any roundabouts for you to go round and round while waiting for him to catch you up
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                          you will be safe there as pirate-storm aint going so won't be able to get caught behind any l/rovers.Plus there ain't any roundabouts for you to go round and round while waiting for him to catch you up

oi shut it least i didnt get stuck on day of off roading n no damage lol

Comment

does anyone have a cb that fits in the hole that single din stereo creates?ie fraction smaller than din?

Comment

dont mention the beach run

how are you all down there
                              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
                                dont mention the beach run
                                how are you all down there
                                arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Comment

Working...
                                X