Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stormforce
    get rid of it and buy another desiel
    ha ha, maybe in january when tax and mot expire. I'll be on the look out for something then, as I don't think squeaky will pass an mot again
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

• Originally posted by captain_chaos
      I'd be up for joining in on a bulk discount. How would delivery work? Would it be possbile to collect from your's? Currently getting my veg oil from Tesco in the 15 litre drums, get some funny looks when pushing a fully loaded trolly. Although many club card points! Getting annoying with the filling through a funnel bit though. May have a look at local s$$$$py for a fuel pump, then wire it, hose into the drum, outlet into the fuel nozzel and then pump the oil in Next plan is to find a tax free alternative to unleaded petrol for squeaky.
      Jason try using a 5 litre watering can wfor ya Veg oil, Hey presto it's done..

There's always a Payback .... Ya just don't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

• Originally posted by Surferjess
        Jason try using a 5 litre watering can wfor ya Veg oil
        I use a cut-down 1 litre Ribena bottle! Take the bottom off, then cut one side to make a sort of scoop shape. Remove the flangy bits from the pouring end, and bingo! The bottle is just the right shape that it holds itself nicely in the filler hole, and afterwards I wrap it up in a cloth and it goes in one of those little compartments in the side of the boot.

Comment

• I buy 15l drums of veg, open them and poke a knife through the top opposite the opening, pour from the tin into a 20l jerry can, then i have a jerry can spout which i have pulled the plastic flexi bit off of, removed the gauze, and stuck the flexi back on. Use this to pour from the jerry can into the truck. Takes about 30 seconds to empty the tin of oil into the jerry can, then about a minute or so to pour from the can into the truck.

Quicker and much simpler than farting about with pumps or funnels.

The only reason the 20l steel jerry cans pour slowly normally is because of the gauze in the spout. Take it out and it's nice a quick and clean.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

• My method is, I put a 15mm tank connector in a spare lid, bit of push fit plumbing, valve, bit more pipe, put container on roof cubes are great, drums need a couple of wedges, pierce the top away you go. If I want to re-use the container I put a self tapper in the hole!
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by fatfires
              My method is, I put a 15mm tank connector in a spare lid, bit of push fit plumbing, valve, bit more pipe, put container on roof cubes are great, drums need a couple of wedges, pierce the top away you go. If I want to re-use the container I put a self tapper in the hole!
              I did the same thing with odds and ends of Hozelock garden fittings. Plonk the 20 litre container on the roof and leave it. Job done. Other than that I just buy Tescos 3 litre bottles which pour in directly in seconds.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
              X